Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Label Horizontal/Ray lines with Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Label Horizontal/Ray lines with Alerts

I downloaded the indicator and was wondering which Horizontal / Ray lines it alerts?

1. Already drawn on the chart any/all horizontal/ray lines as it crosses and the indicator automatically recognizes or
    2. If not, then which ones it alerts? I find no such parameter in the indicator.
    3. Also, does it also alerts on horizontal lines automatically drawn using say CurrentOHL, PriorDayOHLC or only on manually drawn horizontal/ray lines?

Ths Sam - I cannot find the author's name/email to contact.

Sam,

It looks at all horizontal and ray lines it does not care if they are manually drawn or automatic.
    It will alert you based on where current price is in relation to the line when the indicator was first put on the chart or when the line is drawn.

If current price is below the line once current price comes up to the line and crosses the line then it will display an alert. The alert is a sound and an entry in the alert screen from NT.

I have not tried it on the final release yet.

Rich

Comment

sam777, you can find the author of the script in the "Submitted by:" section of the posting. In this case, the author is nutz505, who has already replied.

Nutz505, thank you for your response.
      Attached Files
      AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Rich, Thx for the reply. I use dvaluearea indicator and it draws horizontal lines for Vat, Vab, POC and similarly for developing Vat, Vab and POC. So u r saying it will alert when it crosses all these horizontal lines? If so, it will be great. I drew a ray at these lines on the chart so it will alert me but that is not required as you have explained.

Just have the indicator ON and it will alert when crosses above.and likewise use the indicator a second time ON when it crosses below. Is that correct?

Thx Sam. It is a great indicator if it works as I have explained. I can see on Monday when market opens.

Comment

Sam,

You only need to have the indicator on the chart one time. It will determine where the line is in relation to current price and use that as the direction and when current price crosses it an alert will trigger. It keeps track of the direction for each line on the chart whether it is above or below current price the logic does not care it looks for all horizontal lines and ray lines depending on which indicator you have loaded.

It uses the same logic as the PriceAlert Indicator that NT comes with.

Rich

Comment

Hi,

I would like to ask if someone can modify indicator "horizontal line with alerts" by adding text field next to price? It would be very helpful for me.

Thanks for your answer.

Zdenek

Comment

Hi,

sorry I don't get it, how this indicator works. I put it on the chart and would now await that it labels the existing or newly created lines, but it does not.

The alerts work.

In general it's a bit of a shame that NT does not offer these basic functions of price labels at lines and alerts...

Thanks...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post GLFX005
              by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM