Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

FileOpen dialog on indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrius View Post
    so I am not alone fighting with NT support for reference problem. They try to convince me that this is expected behaviour, but I still resist My last email was about two days ago or so.

Funny thing happens if you have say proprietary indicator and vanilla system. Then you create your simple indicator, that doesn't require any external references. If you choose to export it Info.xml is added with reference to that proprietary indicator. This is clearly a bug.

In any case it's possible to find out which libraries some code requires and there should be added only those references. Looks like they search references in the same folder all indies lurk. What about simply copying needed indie and all referenced indies by that indie to tmpdir and only then wrap everything up in .zip? This is only one of possible ways to fix this. Of course there are more clever scenarios like http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4...l-dependencies, google "list dll dependencies".
    I'm rather shocked as well. This is clearly not a feature any user of NinjaTrader would want. To treat it as 'expected' behavior is disingenuous. Why don't they just admit it!?! Maybe when the new version of NT comes out in 2020 it will be fixed

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post sarafuenonly123  
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Brevo