Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Channel This tweek needed for NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channel This tweek needed for NT7

I've been using the Channel This indicator as a MA envelope, but on updating to NT7 , it seems to have developed a error in its coding. I have a basic understanding of coding (its been along time since Qbasic , any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1st attachment is the indicator in action circa 6.5

2nd attachment shows the indicator in its own window because it has a calculation error
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried just left clicking on the indicator to select it then left clicking again and holding to drag it up to the main panel. This should bring the indicator into the main panel for you.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thank you Brett for your reply.

The issue is the value calculated by the indicator, as displayed in the previous post in attach#2, the value calculated is 0.82+/-, instead of adding/subtracting this from the base average, it is just plotting the difference. If i put this data in the same window as price then I end up with something like this #Attach1, instead of this #Attach2 using ChannelMA2 as the MA envelope .

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated as this plays a big part of my trading strategy

Happy Consistent Trading
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Ryan.nz1,

Please share the code snippet you're working from, what you expect it to do, and what it's doing instead.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan.M

Thank you for your reply.

What i'm trying to achieve is a working MA enveloper as displayed in #Attach1 v6.5.

When i moved over to v7 it seems to have a developed a error where it no longer adds/subtracts the calculation from the average (e.g if the average for the last 55 bars is a price of
          1225 andthe indicator makes a calculation of +/- 1, then the indicator should plot a MA envelope between 1224 and 1226, instead it is just plotting a line at +1 and -1.See #Attach2

Please excuse my coding abilities, the only work i've done is along time ago with Qbasic, i can grasp the basic (if,then,next)

Low.Set(DoubleMA(MA1, MA1Type, MA2, MA2Type).DMV[0] - ATR(ATRlength)[0] * ATRmulti);

Mid.Set(DoubleMA(MA1, MA1Type, MA2, MA2Type).DMV[0]);

High.Set(DoubleMA(MA1, MA1Type, MA2, MA2Type).DMV[0] + ATR(ATRlength)[0] * ATRmulti);

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.
          Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately we would not be able to debug this for you, but as a hint the DoubleMA you attempt using is trying to access the TickSize property in the Initialize() > this is not possible unfortunately, you could do so with NT7 in the OnStartUp() or first OnBarUpdate() bar.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Bertrand for taking the time to review my questions.

Unfortunately you've managed to lose me already, i took another look at the coding and the help file on Ninja script to get a understanding of the OnBarClose function and how the Initialize section works but it's all abit beyond me.

Anyway V6.5 still works very well so i'll just stick to that.

Thanks again Ninja Support team

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
              0 responses