Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Delete NinjaScript Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete NinjaScript Error

Hi

I am getting the attached error when trying to delete a custom indicator. This has happened on a number of occassions with different indicators that I have modified and renamed.
    Being told that the indicator is referenced by '.cs' isn't giving me much to go on :-(

Also, with the indicators that have given me the delete problem, I have deleted some of the plots and/or lines (in the code) from the original (and renamed it) but they still show within the modified indicator parameters window.

The only way I have found to eliminate the undesired plots is to rename my indicator, again.
    For example, original indicator is called 'OriginalIndicator, my modified version is called 'MyOriginalIndicator', but I then have to rename it to 'MyOriginalIndicator2'. I still can't delete the original though.

I'm guessing that somehow my modified indicator is still referencing the original indicator.

Any ideas? Thanks.

NT 7.0.1000
    Attached Files

FatCanary, how did you change indicator names? By a right click into the script and then saving as a new one with a changed name?

Have you tried deleting the offending cs scripts directly from the Bin > Custom > Indicator folder with NT closed down?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand

Yes, that is how I changed the indicator name.

Yes, the only way that I have found to delete the indicator is within the Bin > Custom > Indicator folder.
      I assumed the best method was to delete them within the Edit Indicator window. Previously I deleted strategies 'manually' from the Bin... folder and encountered problems. I wasn't sure if this would also cause problems when deleting indicators.

This problem only seems to exist when I modify a third party indicator. I've just modified NT's built in DonchianChannel indicator and have had no such problems.

I have just deleted an offending MyOriginalIndicator (from Bin... folder), restarted NT, gone into the editor and renamed MyOriginalIndicator2 back to MyOriginalIndicator and the plots/lines of the original indicator are back, even though they do not exist in my modification!

Hope that makes sense ;-)

Comment

Hi

Are you looking into this issue or have you forgotten about me? ;-)

Comment

Sorry FatCanary, I was undet the impression you had the issue resolved - which 3rd party indicator rename would give you the issues? Would you mind posting it so I can reproduce here?

Comment

It's happened with a number of indicators.

I'm going to try a reinstall of NT as I have another problem where it was suggested I do this.

Comment

Ok, please let me know how it goes and if you would still see it, please let me the steps you would take to create 'corruption'.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Bertrand

I have done a complete re-install and set up NT from scratch (mainly because I had other issues) and all appears well.
                Not something I would want to do too often though ;-)

Regards.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by molecool, 10-09-2017, 10:48 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post trader-ap  
                Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:53 PM
                1 response
                0 likes