Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cannot remove/import indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot remove/import indicators

Hi,

I am doing some development w/ custom indicators however I ran into this problem" you have customer ninjasript files on your pc that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a ninja achive file.". I tried to delete everything from bin/custom/indicator folder and also tried to re-install ninja 7. But the error persists. Please help! Thanks,

SR

Hello SunnyRain,

A complete uninstall / reinstall should resolve for you. You'll have to be sure you delete the My Documents\NinjaTrader folder before uninstalling.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:

1. Close all running applications.
    2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
    4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
    5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
    6.Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
    7. Reboot your machine.
    8. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
    Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hallo,
      my problemis, I cannot install any of indicators. I have indicators, already working in NT7, but now, i am not able to install even one. Problem apears during edit indicator - compile.

Comment

Hello Elmun,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums. You will have to resolve the programming errors or delete that file before you can import new NinjaScript. To delete the file: Click Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > Select PowerZones_V06 and click delete.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

JUST fix it already....this has been here since 6.5

Comment

I've tried all of this more than once (on both 6.5 and 7.0/XP and W7)

NOTE: I've got more ssd drives and ram than you can throw...it's a photoshop machine.

I don't mean to be a pest but I would rather trade the DX and AUD with NT.....even though MicroSationII is becoming very good and VERY fast.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
            Hello SunnyRain,

A complete uninstall / reinstall should resolve for you. You'll have to be sure you delete the My Documents\NinjaTrader folder before uninstalling.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:

1. Close all running applications.
            2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
            3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
            4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
            5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
            6.Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
            7. Reboot your machine.
            8. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
            Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH