Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Adaptive_CCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adaptive_CCI

I tried to import Adaptive_CCI, and it fails.

I noted "Exported using NT Version 6.5.1000.1" and I am on the latest V7. Also during import I chose to retain my (newer) SMA.cs.

Finally, the import failed with the message "Import failed. The NinjaScript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive."

Should I be able to import this indicator into V7? If not, how much would it take to fix it? Can I copy the .cs file into bin/Custom/Indicator and then edit it? I'm willing to fix it, but I am pretty new to NT and do not know what it takes to go from v6.5 to v7

--EV

Hello EV,

Unfortunately the standard import process is not working for this indicator due to the message you're getting.

Yes, copying the .cs file directly into the directory is a good way to identify the specific methods that use the same name. The process for this is detailed here:

Once you identify the specific reason and files you can work on resolving. If you post details of the error messages or share the .cs file here we can let you know if it's something quick to resolve.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When I try to compile it, it complains it cannot find AdaptiveCCIPlots -- there are 6 occurrences. Here is one of the broken lines:

public Adaptive_CCI Adaptive_CCI(AdaptiveCCIPlots adaptiveCCIPlotNo, int alt_Numbars_Plot1, int alt_Numbars_Plot2, int alt_Numbars_Plot3, int alt_Numbars_Plot4, double cycPart, int periodMultiplier, int smooth)

I see such a private variable, so I'll have to chase down just what is wrong.

Comment

Problem solved.

The problem item is an enum that was declared in the Variables region.

Evidently namespace handling changed in V7. An enum that appears in signatures winds up being needed from several namespaces (in the AutoMagic code). I ran into this recently with an enum of my own. The only answer I found was to move the enum up to the top of the file, outside of the namespaces, so that all could get to it.

I have attached the fixed file. It compiles. I have not yet tried running it.

--EV
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 01-05-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

OK -- it runs fine.

What a fancy CCI! Not quite sure what to think about it yet.

Any comments from those more used to it would be welcome.

--EV

Comment

Great to hear, EV. Thanks for sharing the completed file.

Comment

I trust that one of you folks will update the downloadable zip file with this fixed version?

FWIW: the only change I made was to move the enum

Thanks,
              EV

Comment

Feel free to upload this file to the version 7 indicators section. Since this indicator is not supported or maintained by NinjaTrader we will not post it to the file sharing section.

Comment

I can look into that. I'm willing, but I haven't the faintest idea how to go about doing that.

I presume I have to read up on how to export?

--EV

Comment

Yes, it's pretty straight-forward. Can see the following link:

Export as source files. Click Add Entry on the forum toolbar and add the zip file. Include a screenshot of the indicator applied to a chart if you're able. Thanks - much appreciated!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post nandhumca  
                    Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes