• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to write new indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to write new indicator?

I am hoping to program a new indicator or two that has two to three histograms on it with a couple stochastics overlaid. I do not know where to start on such a task, as I am completely programmer illerate. Can someone help? I know the indicators are easily programmable on another piece of software but this does seem to be the case with NT, and I do not wish to jump ship just yet. However it seems many of these programs are hardly user-friendly, NT is no exception. Is it possible to develop something where you can drag an indicator into another indicator box and then set your colour parameters and %'s as one likes?
    Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Also does anyone know how to create more open space to the right of the bars on a chart...this is critical for my trading and should be standard for all charting packages..really!
    Regards JCrecruit

There is a substantial amount of information in our Help Guide include 6 tutorials on indicator development. This should get you started.

To add the open space, double click in the chart area to bring up the Chart Properties dialog window and set a larger value for "Right side margin".
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

new indicator

I think reading chinese would be easier. I am interested in trading ..not designing indicators. I went thru the tutorials in the past...they didn't make sense then and they do not now. I need hand holding or someone else must program it. Is there a service provided for this? If not I think I simply need to go to ensign..thanks for your help anyways. JCr

Comment

Hi jcrecruit,

There are NinjaScript consultants available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Perhaps one of them can help you out in making your custom indicator.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks

ok much obliged..thanks for the direction.
          jcr

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by billythekid72, Today, 07:10 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post billythekid72  
          Started by tgordon78, Today, 07:09 AM
          0 responses