Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Varadi DV (2) indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Varadi DV (2) indicator

Any one familiar with this indicator? The DV(2) is calculated as follows (a) for each trading day calculate [ (close) / average of the high and the low) -1 and then take (b) the average today's and yesterday,s result. If someone could code this indicator it might be helpful as a overbought/oversold indicator for Ninjatrader users.

Take a look at this

Originally posted by tony550 View Post
    Any one familiar with this indicator? The DV(2) is calculated as follows (a) for each trading day calculate [ (close) / average of the high and the low) -1 and then take (b) the average today's and yesterday,s result. If someone could code this indicator it might be helpful as a overbought/oversold indicator for Ninjatrader users.
    Here is a quick and dirty thingy that I whipped up in a few minutes. It has no data checking or exception handling, basically assuming that your input data is well-behaved.

See if it does what you want.

You may want to explain how to use it, as when I loaded it, I could not really see any edge that it provides, especially seeing as how, the overbought and oversold levels were not defined in the technical request.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by koganam; 01-17-2011, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Varadi dv2

koganam, Thank you for your reply! If you would Google Varadi dv2 you would find some uses of the indicator. Specifically, the MarketSci Blog and ibankcoin.com. The developer of the indicator has a great number of other new indicator that can be found at his website= CSS analytics.I have 6.5 version for Ninjatrader and Ninjatrader exact message when I try to import the file is=Version required to extract this entry not supported. If possible can you code this indicator for 6.5. Thank you very much for your effort !

Comment

Tony,

Thanks for pointing this out to us.

I'll go look at his website.

Let me ask you, though, which of his new indicators do you think would be especially useful?

--EV

Comment

ETF Voyageur, I, only late last night discovered the website. With all do respect, I am only a junior member and do not have a great amount trading experiance perhaps you could share your findings about these indicators after you visit CSS analytics. Thank You for your reply! Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tony550 View Post
            I have 6.5 version for Ninjatrader and Ninjatrader exact message when I try to import the file is=Version required to extract this entry not supported. If possible can you code this indicator for 6.5. Thank you very much for your effort !
            There is nothing NT7 specific in the file, so you want to try to do this one yourself. (The old "teach a man to fish, yada, yada, yada ..."). There are 2 ways to do it. The unapproved, convoluted way is to edit the xml file in the archive to point to your NT version. As that means that you are going to extract a file from the archive anyway, I would use the easier method of:
            1. Extract the cs file from the archive
            2. Copy or move the file to the correct folder: ...My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator
            3. Open the file from Tools >> Edit NinjaScript >> Indicator
            4. Press the F5 key to compile the assemblies
            5. Use the indicator as wanted

That having been said, let me proselytize, and strongly suggest that you upgrade to NT7. It is just so much better. Not perfect, but a whole lot less taxing on resources, and once you get used to it, NT7 has a more logical and better user interface that is definitely much more powerful than that in NT6.5. Especially useful to me is just that it is sooooo much less resource hungry.
            Last edited by koganam; 01-17-2011, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Koganam, Thank you for your reply. I will upgrade to NT 7. Tony

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses