Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Relative Strength of Several Indexes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relative Strength of Several Indexes

Can you write an indicator in NT7 that will show the relative performance (i.e, RSI) of several Indexes (YM, NQ, ES, TF, etc.) all in one chart?

Yes aligator, this would be possilble with a so called MultiSeries indicator in NinjaScript - you would Add() the series needed internally and then could run your calcs on them arriving at an RSI value for each market of interest...those could then be all plotted, too. The general framework is explained here -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand, do you have the full code ready to go for relative strength (eg stock / index).. I dont have time right now to completely learn Ninjascript.. thx

Comment

Welcome to our forums, I would unfortunately not have a dedicated sample to use and modify - for the general concept this would be the intro helpguide page - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm

If you would like to get this professionally programmed for you, a NinjaScript consultant could assist :

Comment

Bertrand - Thanks for the link to the Multiseries example - the question I have is this and hopefully it makes sense. In reference to the Multiseries example, it is looking for a stock symbol (MSFT and AAPL in the example) does NT go and look for this in the database saved in the archives on my machine or will it go and download new data?

Does the part of the referenced example section, titled "True Event Driven OnBarUpdate() Method" answer this question and I just need to read it again?

NinjaScript is a wonderful tool, and is one thing that sets NT apart from other tools, IMHO.

Comment

Welcome to our forums and thanks for the kind words linkster - it will depend what is available already in your local database, NT would determine which data is needs to eventually download to attempt fulfilling your scripts data needs -

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes