Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bug: dialog placed half off-screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug: dialog placed half off-screen

I have my Control Center in its small form, located at the top of my screen. When I choose File | Utilities | Export NinjaScript... the top of the resulting dialog is off the top of the screen.

That means the title bar is off the screen, so I cannot even move the dialog back onto the screen.

--EV

Hello,

You most likely changes monitors setup or something.

The workspace needs to be recreated.

Please do the following:

To delete/move your workspaces:
    • Please close NinjaTrader and go to your desktop Start menu
    • Open My Documents
    • Go to the NinjaTrader 7 folder
    • Go to the Workspaces folder
    • Right click on all XML documents and select Delete or Move them to another location
    • Now restart the application and it should start up normally

Then test to see if the dialog is now in the correct place. You can start moving back in workspaces until the problem returns if you would like to save some workspaces.

Comment

Hello,

I have heard from development that workspace most likely not related in this case.

Pleae disreguard previous post.

Please move window back down my right clicking on it in the bottom task bar and selecting move. Then use your arrow key on your keyboard to move it down so you can click the title and move it with the mouse.

Development is looking into.

Comment

Thanks, Brett

That's an interesting work-around. I had just been moving my CC down to avoid the problem, but I like your suggestion better.

--EV

Comment

This is a problem I run into all the time. With the Control Center at the bottom of the screen the export dialog is always half off the bottom of the screen and needs to be dragged up to get to the buttons (both 6.5 and 7).

Dan
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Development did reproduce and looking into possibly making a change here on its positioning on open. No guarantee's any change will be made however at this time.

Has to do with the control window being minimized and dragged into a corner of the screen. To prevent it from occurring currently you need to make sure the control center is far enough away from one of the sides of the screen or maximize the control center.

Comment

My Control Center window is never minimized, in any circumstance. The problem occurs in NT6.5 or NT7 on two different machines. My tests show the export window opens centered vertically on the Control Center. If the Control Center is shorter than the export window and the bottom of Control Center is at the bottom of the screen or the top of Control Center is at the top of the screen, part of the export window will not be visible.

Dan
              eDanny

Comment

Hello,

If the control center is not minimized then how can the control center length be shorter then that of this dialog window?, unless the screen size does not meet the minimum requirement to run NinjaTrader?

Comment

Maybe I don't follow what you mean by minimized. Does that reference anything smaller than full screen? I consider minimized as to using the [+/-] on the Control Center, something I do not do. Resizing a window to something smaller than a full screen (which would be an absurd configuration) is not minimized to me, merely re-sized. Hope that clears it up.

Dan
                  eDanny

Comment

Hello,

Gotcha. Yea understood in my use of the word. Maximized = Full Screen , Minimized = Any size that is not full screened Control Center. Same issue that development is looking into.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi ETFVoyageur!

The bug you reported in post #1 is fixed and the fix will be available with the next update of NinjaTrader. Thanks for reporting.

Kind regards,
                      Christian
                      ChristianSenior Software Developer

Comment

Great! Thanks!

-----

Now for a related bug report:

Whenever I pop up my Indicators dialog, it comes up with the buttons below the screen. I have mine sized pretty big, and it looks as if placement is with the top at a fixed value, even if the bottom ends up off the screen.

My first choice would be for it to come up wherever I had moved it to last time, but it should at least come up completely on screen (unless it is too big for the screen )

--EV

Comment

Hello,

What monitor size are you on?

Also, Update on the other issue. This will be resolved in the next release of NinjaTrader.

Comment

I am on a 23" monitor.

Note that this does not happen with small dialogs -- only with long ones.

It looks as if the top location is set, and if the dialog is long enough to extend below that and off the screen, then too bad.

--EV

Comment

Hello,

Anyway I can get you to post a screenshot so I can duplicate.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Brevo