Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Namespace problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EV,

It has always been recommended suppliers provide things named very specifically that it would not conflict with anything anyone else makes. For example, if you wanted to make some enum for moving averages, just include your name in the enum. ev_MovingAverage or something like that.

The method shown in the reference sample is the only method we can assure you works. If you want to try other techniques you are free to do so, but we will not be able to provide any endorsement or guidance in those venues.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

It boggles my mind, since it is accepted good current programming practice and it costs NT absolutely nothing.

By the way, you very own example handles this very poorly -- it does not tag its enum with anything at all unique -- it is called "UniversalMovingAverage". I can easily imagine anyone learning from that demo not even thinking about the global namespace. Please at least fix your demo so that people understand it is important that they generate unique symbols.

Perhaps this is an indication that the reason it is the way it is is because no one even thought about the issue.

Enough said ... I'll just carry on with my boggled mind. End of discussion, unless there is anything further you wish to say.

--EV
      Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 01-21-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
      Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rocketman7