Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Enable/Disable Chart Trader Via Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enable/Disable Chart Trader Via Code

I'd like to disable the Chart Trader or Chart Trader buttons via a custom indicator. Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Mike Franklin

Hello Mike,

Unfortunately this is not possible with supported NinjaScript.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Maybe it would be wiser to just not support anything?? You could get rid of the forum and most of the employees.

Try this

ChartControl.ChartTraderEnabled = true;

or set it to false.

This is not supported.

Man that felt good maybe I should change my stance. Never realized how powerful one sentence could be. In fact I wonder if it has ever been calculated how much time is spent replying "this is not supported". If we just never replied to unsupported things we could devote that time to making other things happen. If there is not enough bandwidth to allow unsupported help, you could clear up allot of bandwidth by not replying in the first place.

Comment

TimmyB, I'm sure quite a bit of time has been spent saying "this is not supported," but the time spend saying that would definitely be much less time than explaining to users why their favorite unsupported feature suddenly disappeared with a new release, or how to use something complicated like all the ChartControl methods, or how to override the Plot() method so they can draw their own objects, etc.

If the method/property/object/whatever is in the help guide, it is supported and we will do our best to explain it. If it is not in the help guide, it is not supported.

Many users ask "is X possible"? We would be lying sometimes if we said "it is not possible," so that is why we say it is unsupported - then the user can dig and find the solution on their own instead of just assuming it can't be done.
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
          or how to override the Plot() method so they can draw their own objects, etc.
          Austin,

I quite understand both what "unsupported is" and why you need to do that. No problem.

I would like to suggest that, in the case of Plot() you modify your notion of supported just a little. I propose that you support Plot() architecturally, meaning that you guarantee such things as when it is called and what the state is when it is called.

What I propose remain unsupported is whatever the code does inside Plot()

IOW: make Plot() a first-class citizen except for what goes on inside it. That way you would not get bogged down in people's drawing problems and any side effects there might be (which is what I assume you are trying to avoid)

--EV
          Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 01-22-2011, 09:42 PM.

Comment

EV, thank you for the suggestion. I will pass it along.
            AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

timmyb,

This ChartControl.ChartTraderEnabled = true; code does not seem to work from an indicator. Is your suggestion meant for the script code in Strategy only ? In any case, I'm more interested in disabling the Chart Trader buttons (NOT the Chart Trader) via a custom indicator. Is this possible ?

Omololu

Comment

if you want the user from using the chart trader, then just disable the appropriate toolstripbutton.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkan View Post
                  if you want the user from using the chart trader, then just disable the appropriate toolstripbutton.
                  bukkan,

Thanks; I eventually browsed to the relevant & your contributing links on BMT.

Lolu

Comment

Hi,

This is an old post, maybe the situation changed meantime. My question is the same: can we disable/enable the chart trader via script? The reason is simple: there should be a way to enforce the money management rules for the given session/instrument(s): if the predefined maximum drawdown value or the predefined number of consecutive stopped trades happened than the MANUAL trading should be stopped wtih the help of this code. Within a strategy the trading can be suspended, but how about to suspend the manual trading in chart trader?

Thanks,
                    Mita

Comment

Hello Mita,

Thanks for your reply.

No, this cannot be done.
                      Many brokerages provide risk management on their end. I would recommend contacting your broker for more information.
                      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

chart trader disabled forever

Hi Mita

You could find a solution to the problem you pose, I have the same problem as you and I have no way for people solve NinjaTrader me.

We know that there is the option that the broker put a daily stop, we need to avoid pointless trades are occurring due to human factors very difficult to avoid, I call trading fury

thanks
                        Last edited by ALVARO MARTINEZ GARCIA; 12-07-2015, 01:36 PM. Reason: chart trader disabled forever

Comment

Hi,

thank you for your reply. I know this feature of the brokers but i wanted to program it in NT. Because it is not possible (or possible via undocumented functions) than I will try to program it with different software.

Comment

nable/Disable Chart Trader Via Code

Hi

You're telling me to another platform or by an external application that interacts with NT7 ? I long ago I'm looking for , I've talked to many of NinjaTrader and also with C # programmers as Ninja but does not provide the source code there is no way to make the modification. I would be willing to pay you if you find a solution.

Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                            Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes