Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help With Color Plot Double Stochastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Color Plot Double Stochastic

Hello. I've been trying to write a double stochastics color indicator which will plot four different colors depending on these conditions:

1) Blue if DS ticks up and MACD > 0
    2) Magenta if DS ticks down and MACD > 0
    3) Cyan if DS ticks up and MACD < 0
    4) Red if DS ticks down and MACD < 0

I'm getting CS103 compile errors but I haven't been able to figure out exactly how to correct the problem. Can someone take a look at the code and give me some pointers? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
    Chuck
    Attached Files

maxreturn, are you working with NT 6.5 or NT7 here? The code does not compile as the plots are not setup the right way, for one you miss the public properties of them and next the names as defined in the Initialize() do not match the ones you attempt to populate in the OnBarUpdate(). I suggest to let them be created by the indicator wizard and then modify the code as needed.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      maxreturn, are you working with NT 6.5 or NT7 here? The code does not compile as the plots are not setup the right way, for one you miss the public properties of them and next the names as defined in the Initialize() do not match the ones you attempt to populate in the OnBarUpdate(). I suggest to let them be created by the indicator wizard and then modify the code as needed.
      Hello Bertrand. I'm working wit NT7. Yes, I'm flying a little blind here. I've put together some very simply indicators based on viewing a lot of code on the editor and what I've learned from the help files and advice of others. This is my most ambitious project yet. I must tell you this is a lot more difficult than the days that I wrote VB code for excel. I'll give it another shot.

Comment

Hello Bertrand. I have to admit I'm very confused. At least I understand that something needs to be done in the public properties section but I'm not sure what. I also checked the four plot names I created in the initialize section and they do match the ones I attempted populate in the OnBarUpdate() section. Like I said before I've checked the help files, have asked questions of others and have viewed countless snippets of code but I haven't been able to find any help files or tutorials that really helps one get up and running with this programming language/construct. VBA was MUCH easier for me.

Comment

Max, if you're working with NT7, I suggest you check into this sample here - as what you try to accomplish has gotten a good bit easier with the introduction of the PlotColors series -

A full working example you could use as basis is located here -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Max, if you're working with NT7, I suggest you check into this sample here - as what you try to accomplish has gotten a good bit easier with the introduction of the PlotColors series -

A full working example you could use as basis is located here -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...89&postcount=1
            Thanks Bertrand. The 2nd link was especially helpful.

Best Regards
            Chuck

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post r68cervera  
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            0 responses