Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data Box feature / bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Box feature / bug

As you may recall, I an concerned about Data Box lack of responsiveness to changing conditions. Well, here is one where it does respond (good) but does not show the correct response (bad)

I have noticed that when I configure a line in my indicator off, using the Indicators dialog (which results in my turning the line transparent and putting no data in its DataSeries) that Data Box does respond -- it turns the line's label tan and puts "N/A" in the value field.

Confirming that I have set things as I described above, if I kill the Data Box (^D) and restart it (^D), then it correctly avoids showing the turned-off lines.

It seems to me that this is a bug -- either design or implementation -- that it is clearly paying attention to the line when I reconfigure it from the Indicators dialog, and it notices the change in the line -- however it still shows the tan & N/A when it should stop showing it all together.

I could understand if it simply failed to notice the change, but to notice the change and handle it wrong seems like a bug to me. The bug may be design or implementation, but either way I would like to see it fixed.)

--EV

EV, thanks for the report here - with which indicator were you testing - would you mind sending it to me so I can look into further?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      EV, thanks for the report here - with which indicator were you testing - would you mind sending it to me so I can look into further?

Thanks,
      A custom indicator of my own. I'm just finishing up some cleanup and testing on it. I cannot really provide it until that is completed.

I'll get in touch with you -- should not be all that much delay.

-- EV

Comment

Ok, thanks EV.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

One caution -- remember the old saying "Be careful what you wish for -- you might get it"

The code for this indicator is a wee bit bigger than most of the indicators.

--EV

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
          1 response
          0 likes