Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problems With Paint Bar Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems With Paint Bar Indicator

I've put together simple paint bar studies successfully before but I'm running into a problem with this one. All I want to do is paint the price bars one of three colors depending on whether the macd ticks up, ticks down or is equal to the last value. For some reason when I apply the indicator nothing happens. I've looked this over until my eyes are red and still can't figure it out. I would appreciate it if another pair of eyes can look at this for me. This was compiled in the NT7, the latest beta version. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
    Chuck
    Attached Files

Chuck, you're missing a current bar check at your OnBarUpdate() start, you would see a log error in the Control Center as you apply it to your chart - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3170
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Chuck, you're missing a current bar check at your OnBarUpdate() start, you would see a log error in the Control Center as you apply it to your chart - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3170
      Bertrand, thanks for the quick response. I'm not real swift at programming yet. I went to the link you provided and tried inserting the code but I'm running into all kinds of compile areas. Can you help me out in this one case and show me exactly where the code needs to be inserted? Thanks for all your help.

Best Regards
      Chuck

Comment

Hi Chuck, it's a one line change at the OnBarUpdate() start to ensure no invalid bars are attempted to be accessed at the chart start, here's the new export attached for you with this line included, please give it a run.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Hi Chuck, it's a one line change at the OnBarUpdate() start to ensure no invalid bars are attempted to be accessed at the chart start, here's the new export attached for you with this line included, please give it a run.
          Thanks Bertrand. I'm learning slowly but surely. You guys rock. Have a great weekend.

Best Regards
          Chuck

Comment

You're welcome, thanks for the kind words - have a great weekend yourself!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Aviram Y  
            Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
            3 responses