Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

metatrader indicator to ninjatrader

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Jeremy Bankes View Post
    I recreated the Waddah_Atta_Explosion MT4 indicator for NT8.

    Hopefully this helps some of you!
    Hello Jeremy,
    I Download directly from Github, but seems not be compatible with last version of NT8
    Can somebody help me?

    Thank you

    Attached Files

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by coyah View Post

      Hello Jeremy,
      I Download directly from Github, but seems not be compatible with last version of NT8
      Can somebody help me?

      Thank you

      Hi There Coyah,

      We're running the same versions of NinjaTrader. Perhaps the indicator isn't installed properly. I just created a release on GitHub which might have an installation process you're more familiar with. There's a little bit more of a process involving the NinjaScript Editor to compile the source code yourself. I did release the Indicator here on the ecosystem, but I think it was taken down cause I accedentally compiled it into a binary.

      Anyway, hopefully this works for you.
      https://github.com/JeremyBankes/Wadd...leases/tag/1.0

      ~ Jeremy

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Jeremy Bankes View Post


        Hi There Coyah,

        We're running the same versions of NinjaTrader. Perhaps the indicator isn't installed properly. I just created a release on GitHub which might have an installation process you're more familiar with. There's a little bit more of a process involving the NinjaScript Editor to compile the source code yourself. I did release the Indicator here on the ecosystem, but I think it was taken down cause I accedentally compiled it into a binary.

        Anyway, hopefully this works for you.
        https://github.com/JeremyBankes/Wadd...leases/tag/1.0

        ~ Jeremy
        Thank you so much for you return.
        I downloaded the new one.

        But now i got another error.
        Im new in Ninja Trade, and dont know much about.

        Now the error changed to that one;

        I renamed the @macd @bollinger @sma and @stdDev (since i got a message i alredy got this indicators)
        and now get this message :\


        Click image for larger version  Name:	NT8.PNG Views:	0 Size:	6.4 KB ID:	1110960
        Attached Files

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by coyah View Post

          Thank you so much for you return.
          I downloaded the new one.

          But now i got another error.
          Im new in Ninja Trade, and dont know much about.

          Now the error changed to that one;

          I renamed the @macd @bollinger @sma and @stdDev (since i got a message i alredy got this indicators)
          and now get this message :\


          Click image for larger version Name:	NT8.PNG Views:	0 Size:	6.4 KB ID:	1110960
          No worries,

          Hmm, strange. I don't have time to look into the problem at the moment, but for now you can compile the script manually. NinjaTrader doesn't make the process to hard.

          Just open the NinjaScript editor (Control Center > New > NinjaScript Editor). With the editor open, if you just place "WaddahAttarExplosion.cs" (Just the .cs file, NOT the folder) in your "Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators" folder, the file should automatially be compiled (There will be a processing icon in the bottom left of the NinjaScriptEditor, and a success chime should play). If that doesn't happen, you can also press the compile button in top menu bar in the Editor. After that, you should be able to add the indicator to a chart.

          Best of luck,
          ~ Jeremy

          Comment


            #20
            Hello coyah,

            Thank you for your reply.

            Renaming the indicators caused the issue. When you import a script, it may prompt you that indicators already exist on your PC and ask you if you wish to replace the scripts. You should always select "No" unless otherwise instructed. This will allow you to import the script and not overwrite the system indicators.

            Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
            Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
              Hello coyah,

              Thank you for your reply.

              Renaming the indicators caused the issue. When you import a script, it may prompt you that indicators already exist on your PC and ask you if you wish to replace the scripts. You should always select "No" unless otherwise instructed. This will allow you to import the script and not overwrite the system indicators.

              Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
              Hey Kate,
              Thank you for your reply
              I re-installed Ninja and renamed all folders
              And this time choose no, to not replace any indicator but unfortanely the problem still
              Dont know how to proceed


              Comment


                #22
                Hello coyah,

                Thank you for your reply.

                We would probably need to schedule a remote session with you for one of our technicians to assist you in resolving as you may not have corrected the issue properly.

                Please contact us via email at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with a brief description of the issue in the body of the email and we will be happy to assist further.

                Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                Comment


                  #23
                  Thank you Jeremy Bankes for converting this to NT8!!!

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I'm also getting an error on standard installation. Answered no to all the usual duplicate issues.
                    Would love to have access to this indicator!
                    @coya were you ever able to install this successfully? Click image for larger version

Name:	Error Feb 2021.png
Views:	52
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	1140342

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Hello TomTownsend,

                      Thank you for your reply.

                      I was able to manually import the indicator from the link in Post #17 above. Download the one that says "Source Code (.Zip)". Once downloaded, extract the folder contents. Find the WaddahAttarExplosion.cs file in the extracted folder, then copy this to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom > Indicators. Once complete, run a Compile in the NinjaScript Editor (New > NinjaScript Editor > right click > Compile). You should now see the indicator in your indicators list.

                      Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I was able to download and compile it per your instructions, thank you so much!

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Hi Kate,
                          I was able to import and compile as you suggested.
                          My question is in the code. On a few instruments, the histogram doesn't go above 1. On line 54, I tried decimals but received errors.
                          I'm don't know code that well and was wondering if you or the staff would be able to assist creating a dead zone for that could go as low as .200 or better show me how?

                          Thank you,
                          Brett

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Hello bjames,

                            Thank you for your reply.

                            Just to be clear, in platform support, we do not create/write strategies/indicators, we do not provide debugging services. However, I would suggest perhaps private messaging Jeremy Bankes since he was the originator of the NinjaTrader 8 version of this indicator to see if he has suggestions of changes you could make to the indicator yourself. I would note that as currently written, the indicator requires an int value for the DeadZonePip property, so it wouldn't be possible to input a decimal for that as it is now.

                            Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                            Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                            Comment

                            Latest Posts

                            Collapse

                            Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by nutmame1, Today, 08:26 PM
                            0 responses
                            8 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post nutmame1  
                            Started by dr0832, Today, 07:02 PM
                            0 responses
                            11 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post dr0832
                            by dr0832
                             
                            Started by mlurskint8, Today, 05:27 PM
                            3 responses
                            19 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_ShawnB  
                            Started by SteveTheCPA, Today, 04:54 PM
                            0 responses
                            10 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post SteveTheCPA  
                            Started by Unsuitable, Today, 02:42 PM
                            2 responses
                            14 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Unsuitable  
                            Working...
                            X