Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator Inputs not working right across machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Inputs not working right across machines

I've written a pile of custom indicators, have compiled them, made the custom NinjaTrader.{CustomName}.cs file. I set up the custom dll and accompanying .cs file on another computer, with the latest version of NT, and it works fine. I tried it on another computer, and NT starts up with no problems, but the indicators don't work. Everything is in place, but the indicators, when added to a chart, list the inputs as ( <unknown>, <unknown>, etc ). Does anyone know what might be causing this, and how to fix it. Unfortunately, I don't have any specs on this third machine, other than they are running the latest version of NT, have .NET 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 installed, and running WinXP. Thanx in advance for any help you can provide.

EDIT: Solved the problem. The custom indicators reference external DLLs, in the system32 folder. In my custom installer, which put the NT DLL and CS file in the /bin/custom folder, I had forgotten to put the external DLLs in the system32 folder. I fixed the installer, put the external DLLs in the right place, and it all works now.
    Last edited by TheCD; 11-03-2007, 04:44 PM. Reason: Found solution

Try using the Import/Export NinjaScript tool to transfer your custom indicators to another computer.

Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Pattontje  
    Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
    17 responses
    0 likes