Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

? Add future (predicted) data to DataSeries object?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? Add future (predicted) data to DataSeries object?

Hello,

Is it possible to add future data to DataSeries object? I need to create object with realtime & predicted data & have a possibility to use standard technical analysis functions against it.

Thanks,
    Igor

Igor, you could populate your custom DataSeries with any value needed, however we would not allow peeking into the future thus the most current index position you can use is the currentbar (0).
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Igor,

I have already turned in a request that they change this behavior.

I do not see that looking into the future is even possible as long as they do not provide future bar data (either make the bar data be a subclass of DataSeries whose indexer prevents forward references, or else make the values be a subclass with an indexer that permits forward references). And even if you could see future data I'm not sure that would be any worse than any other logic error in programming an indicator.

I recently needed it for the same reason you do -- I needed to store predicted data (to fill in the tails of a left-shifted moving average with predicted values). The fact I could not do so complicated my life a great deal, and ended up taking longer than it should have to program that.

I really do hope that they recognize that there can be a valid need to write predicted data (and to read that data for debugging).

--EV

Comment

Yes, ETFVoyageur, now it will take a lot of efforts to emulate something like MA line looking into the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by usazencortex, Today, 12:43 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post usazencortex  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        168 responses
        0 likes