Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ghost Values in NT7....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost Values in NT7....

Well,
    I now trying to get my indicators work on NT7 cause of the critical anouncement...

So I import my indicators step by step and check them. Now one of my indicators produces Ghost values without (!) calculating. Whats up?

First: This indicator should show the opening range of the first 30 minutes of the regular stock session. for that i use on plot for High, on plot for Low and one plot for medium. then I use colorregion for coloring between the plots. So far so good.

I calculate the values when totime(time[0]) greater starttime (input) and lower or equal starttime + 3000. And I Only set plots and drawregion until regular session.

In NT6.5 that works fine. In NT7 there are suddenly ghostvalues: The dataseries from the plots gets values without calculation and without dataseries.Set.

whats up here?

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

Can youy give us an example of code and also what value you expect but you instead recieve so we can check this out.

Without further information my first inclincation is you do not have enough data or enough bars before your reference the time data series. As such what is new in NinjaTrader 7 you will get the close price if you access an invalid / uninitialized data series.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Well, here it is:
      NT6.5(5min).jpg shows how it should be in NT6.5
      NT7(5min).jpg shows how it is in NT 7
      OutputWindow-NT7.jpg shows the output window of NT7 with the values prom the plot-dataseries and calculated variables. Blue marked is the Time, where the plot make a downjump. As you see, the values doesn't reflect that ghost-jump.

OpeningRange.zip the indicator
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, now a little step further:
        It has something to do with the new memory saving..... The plotted value is the same as the last. But the MaximumBarsLookBack = MaximumBarsLookBack.Infinite; Property doesn't work....

Excelent Work!

I want my NT6.5 for cme afte 3.June!!!!!

Comment

Hello,

So that I can run this correctly on my side to do a quick test to see whats missing. Can you please let me know what settings you are using as far as session template, session start and end times and COBC settings and any other indicator settings that I would need to duplicate this on my side.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello,
            I use this indicator with the default values - in germany. But it it shouldn't make a difference. The shadet background in th pictures is my indicator named 'custom session'. It shades the outsidesessions and it works correctly.I use ZenFire and trade the ES.

Jens

Comment

Well, I now found the error:

MaximumBarsLookBack = MaximumBarsLookBack.Infinite; have to be set before (!!!!!) adding a dataseries! You should add this to the NT7 Helpguide!

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by xenayoo View Post
                Well, I now found the error:

MaximumBarsLookBack = MaximumBarsLookBack.Infinite; have to be set before (!!!!!) adding a dataseries! You should add this to the NT7 Helpguide!

Jens

Hello,

This is correct. Looks like you found it before I did. As I was having issue with the times over in the US getting the indicator to run. But yes this would explain it.

This is actually in the help guide for DrawRegion():

Down as Tip number 3.

Also, glad to see you doing the upgrade now as this is the intent so that you can get everything upgraded to NinjaTrader 7 and have plenty of time to do it in if any custom indicators need some alterations as this is the intent with the early as possible mention of the upcoming change with the CME.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                16 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post samish18