Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problems with color-changing indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with color-changing indicators

Since updating to NT7 0.1000.4, I have noticed that certain color-changing indicators plot in a very bizarre manner (see the attached chart). I see double, dual color, values and discontinuities, both occurring at the color change point. This happens for most, but not all, such indicators where a color change is dictated by an indicator slope or value. The particular one shown on the chart is the DoubleStochasticsZeroLag indicator of Gumphrie that I downloaded from the NT Forum.
    Attached Files

Please ensure those custom scripts would be coded according to the NT7 sample found here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3227

Would the sample plot correctly for you?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Different Rsult for The Two MultiColored Plot Options

Thanks for the reply Bertrand. As you can see from the attached charts, I get a different result for the two MultiColoredPlot Options that I found on your link. SampleMultColoredPlot works. SampleMultiColoredPlot_NT7 does not. Same settings for both. Just Imported the different versions and hit reload Ninja Script.

I should mention also, that in the original case that I posted on the Double Stoch Zero Lag, hitting reload Ninja Script cleared up the problem with the data already on the chart, but subsequent data showed the plotting problems. In the examples that you suggested, SampleMultiColoredPlots, hitting the reload button does not clear up the problem.
      Attached Files

Comment

You're welcome - I was not able to reproduce it here - are you sure those 2 are the samples from my reference link? I believe we had earlier another script up in the NT7 beta section that could create a colored channel also including black plots that would be hard for you to see on the black background, would you mind changing your background and then rechecking the NT7 sample?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Color Problem Too!

As you can see for the attached charts, there is also a color setting problem with the SampleMultiColoredPlot_NT7 version. In addition to the phantom dark blue spots, I chose Cyan and Magenta for the colors. On the SampleMultiColoredPlot chart, the Cyan and Magenta choices came through without a problem. The settings of "Dash" for Dash style and "10" for Width worked fine for both.
          Attached Files

Comment

Change Background

Yes, these files were downloaded from your link. I have changed the background color. My color Settings are still Cyan and Magenta. These settings are being ignored.
            Attached Files

Comment

Are we on the same page?

I'm not sure that this is addressing my original problem. As I stated, the problem that I am seeing occurs as the new data comes onto the chart. If I reload the Ninja Script, it goes away. Also, when I first load up the indicator, the is no problem at the color-changing points. You need to look in real time as the data is accumulating. The problem does not show up on a newly loaded chart, only on new data as the chart is being updated in real time.

Comment

This is seen with multi-colored plotting in NT7 when using NT6.5 code. The indicator needs to be rewritten for NT7. Either the plots need to be combined into one plot with color changes (PlotColors[0][0] = Color.Whatever) or the multiple plots can be used but tested and removed if the changed condition for any plot warrants it (Values[0].Reset()).

Dan
                eDanny
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post wzgy0920  
                Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM