Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Input Series of An Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input Series of An Indicator

Nevermind - I think I found the answer in the Multi-Time Frame and Instrument docs. I need to add another bars object in the initialize method. Thanks!

If I have a chart with multiple dataseries, how would I programatically tell my indicator that it should appear on my second Input Series? I think I have found code examples for specifying the dataseries that an indicator applies to when adding it to a stratgey, but how can I tell the indicator to do a draw action on my second dataseries as opposed to the first dataseries?
    Last edited by dkrumholz; 04-22-2011, 04:16 PM.

sample

from help guide dataseries

double value = SMA(BarsArray[1],20)[0];

Comment

Draw Arrow on Second Timeframe

I want a chart with the same instrument on two different timeframes. I want my indicator to draw arrows on the second time frame.

I can add the second timeframe to the chart interactivly using the chart's Data Series selection and I can add an indicator and interactively, using the indicators Data - Input series property, get arrows displayed on the second timeframe.

The problem is - how to accomplish adding the second timeframe and drawing the arrows programatically on the second timeframe bars without the interactive steps.

Given a chart with an instrument and its Data Series, can I add an indicator that programtically adds the second timeframe and draws arrows over the second set of bars?

I thought it could be done by adding the second series in the initialize method and then testing BarsInProgress for my drawing. That doesn't seem to work.
      Last edited by dkrumholz; 04-23-2011, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

What you would need to do is draw the objects in the BarsInProgress == 0. But reference the values you want to draw from from the secondary series.

SMA(BarsArray[1], 14);

Use the above example to get the bars objects of the secondary series and use its value instead to draw at.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Can I display the second series bars on the chart programatically or must I add it interactively?

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately no supported method for this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Jon17
            by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
            0 responses