Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help with Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Indicator

I have an indicator that someone has created for me on another site, but there's a problem with the code that we don't know how to resolve. I would also like to add an enhancement to this indicator. I'm a complete moron when it comes to coding so any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

This is an indicator with a longer period CCI, shorter period CCI, and a simple moving average of the longer CCI. The problem we are having is with the CCI moving average. There are visual gaps in the painting of the line.

The enhancement I would like to add would be a painting of the panel background and audio alert when the CCI MOVING AVERAGE crosses the +/- 100 threshold.

cs file attached.

Thank you in advance for any assistance with this.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

I will leave this open for the community to respond. However if the community does not do this for you.

You can contact one of our NinjaScript consultants to assist you with coding this or you can use our NinjaScript guide and forums to code this indicator yourself if you are a programmer.

NinjaScript Consultants:

NinjaScript Help Guide:

NinjaTrader Support Forum:

Strategy Wizard:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Brett. That's the problem. I am not a programmer so even attempting to write code for this seems overwhelming to me. I've gone through a lot of the documentation in the NT application, as well as on the internet to try to learn how to do this, but it just isn't clicking for me. I was hoping it wouldn't be too difficult or complicated to make the requested changes, but I really don't know since I am not knowledgable on this.

Comment

Hello,

No problem. This is what the NInjaScript consultants are for as well. Do not be afraid to use them if a member of the community does not assist. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and Happy Trading!

Comment

Hi tradergary, are you running NT6.5 or NT7 ?

Comment

Hi finn. I'm running NT7. Thanks

Comment

ok, thanks. I'l take a look at your indicator. It needs some reprogramming. I can also add colored background and alert

Comment

Oh that would be fantastic and very much appreciated! Thank you so much! This was created for me using a template someone had for another indicator from version 6.5 so I assume that must be where the programming issues arise from?

Anyway I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help with this, and I look forward to the finished product. Happy trading.

Comment

Hi Gary, please try this.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Finnbjurvoll. Thank you so much for your work on this indicator. Unfortunately I haven't had an opportunity to test it out yet as I'm having some problems with Ninja and it looks like I"m going to have to reinstall it. But as soon as I can get that taken care of, I will import the indicator and check it out. I will let you know ASAP. Thanks again!

Comment

Hi Finnbjurvoll. I put the cs file in the appropriate folders but when I try to compile it I'm getting an error. The error code is CS0101 and it is on line 18, and column 18. This is what line 18 currently looks like.

public class CCIMultipleColors_V2_NT7 : Indicator

Since I don't know anything about programming, I don't have any idea what's causing this error. But I'm guessing you probably do? I can only imagine it is something very simple and basic. You've been more than generous with your time on this, but it would be great if you could take a look at it.

Thanks again!

Comment

Gary, can't find anything wrong. Made a small change, please try this
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Finnbjurvoll. I downloaded your updated file but still not compiling. Same error message on line 18. Are you able to get it to compile on your end?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I copied the cs file to the NinjaTrader7/bin/custom/type and the NinjaTrader7/bin/custom/indicator folders. Then I went to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator and selected your file, opened it, and did an F5. This is where the error code is being generated. Is this the proper steps or am I doing something wrong? Sorry for the newbie questions.

Comment

Gary, why did you copy it into the type folder as well? For an indicator, copying into the indicator subfolder should suffice, can you compile if the one from the type folder is deleted?
                            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Much thanks to Finnbjurvoll & Bertrand

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                              Gary, why did you copy it into the type folder as well? For an indicator, copying into the indicator subfolder should suffice, can you compile if the one from the type folder is deleted?
                              Bertrand, thank you very much. Deleting the cs file from the "type" folder enabled the indicator to compile properly. I'm not sure where I saw it, but at one time someone had instructed me to copy cs files into both folders. Now I know for future reference. Thanks again.

Finnbjurvoll, I can't thank you enough for your efforts on this. It's exactly what I was looking for. You have been very generous with your time and it is greatly appreciated. It's people like you that make these forums great.

**My humble apologies to both of you for my mistake regarding the compiling issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post r68cervera  
                              Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post geddyisodin