Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Swing Low Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing Low Error

Hi,
    I'm trying to use the Swing indicator to mark swing highs and lows. For some reason I'm getting weird hits on Swing lows where it seems to mark every bar (except the high pivot) as a pivot low after I load up the script. Swing highs are correct...

Also, I'm running the swing high low finder for every most recent bar and if I'm trying to find the last 10 pivots its doing the same redundant calculation for every new bar. Is there a way to do this once when the script loads up on the chart and then only track the most recent pivot high and low. This will prob help with memory and performance management.

thanks in advance for your help
    Attached Files

Hello buylosellhi,

I will leave this to the community to help with your custom swing indicator.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi Ryan,

thanks for your reply. just to clarify, i'm using the Ninja in-built 'Swing' indicator method. Do you see any problems with the way I'm using it ?

Comment

I would check if you're using a custom chart type that may affect the display. The programatic access to swing can vary from seeing it visually, because it is a repainting indicator. It uses future bars to determine a value and then repaints once those values are known. This makes it challenging to integrate with other scripts as the visual isn't necessarily aligned with values it's returning. I would review swing documentation and source code to get familiar with how it works:

Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post kempotrader  
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes