Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Attach Drawline indicator to Symbol/"All Charts"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attach Drawline indicator to Symbol/"All Charts"

Can someone give me some guidance as to how to modify an indicator to do the following.

Manually I can draw a Line, Ray, Horizontal line etc. and edit the properties("Attach to") to have appear on all charts of that same symbol.
    I have an indicator which is a zig zag type indicator which draws lines at the hi and lo but if I manually try and edit the properties the "attach to" is greyed out. I assume this is either fixed in the indicator or can't be done. So my question is

1) Can I change this in the indicator to attach to ALL Charts of the same symbol ?

2) What property etc do I need to set/alter in the indicator to do this.

I have searched and cannot find anything that remotely deals with this in the indicator code and I have searched attach to in the forum

Thanks
    Jerry
    Last edited by JerryWar; 05-01-2011, 01:08 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

Unfortunately this is not possible to set Attach to setting on drawing objects that are not drawn by the user. If the object is drawn from a strategy/indicator it can only be on the chart that indicator/strategy is applied too.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for the note.

Unfortunately this is not possible to set Attach to setting on drawing objects that are not drawn by the user. If the object is drawn from a strategy/indicator it can only be on the chart that indicator/strategy is applied too.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
      Brett
      Let me come at this a different way.
      Is it possible to place the indicator on my trading chart ( ex.343 tick chart ) and be able to use a different compression tick data series(ex 2401 tick) as the basis for the calculation rather than have it calculated on that different compression(2401) chart and having the lines show up on my trading chart(343) as I first described ?
      Would that involve actually placing the data series on the chart ? I wouldn't want it messing with the scaling or bar spacing.

another example:
      I know with a floor pivot indicator placed on a tick chart you can reference the daily bars for the calculation without having the daily bars on the chart. I want to place the indicator one tick chart but have it use a higher compression tick chart for its calculation.

Thanks
      Jerry
      Last edited by JerryWar; 05-01-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Hi Jerry, from what I understand you should be able to do this from within a MultiSeries script, just Add() the needed series and then access it's BarsArray / BarsInProgress for calculations as desired.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Hi Jerry, from what I understand you should be able to do this from within a MultiSeries script, just Add() the needed series and then access it's BarsArray / BarsInProgress for calculations as desired.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm
          Bertrand

Thanks, That link is exactly what I needed

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm
            Bertrand
            I have run into a glitch. Everything is working as it should be within the context of BarsInProgress except for DrawRay which when used in the barsago, Y value format seem to be in context of the primary series.i.e barsago is relative to primary series barsago not barsago in the context of BarsInProgress==1 which is the series I want my drawing relative to. Is there a way around this without having to recode this into a time format which I think will have another issue since its a tick chart.

Jerry

Comment

Hello,

Can you please send me the code to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post so I can take a quick look as this should not be the case.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin