Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Plot() and Display Update Interval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot() and Display Update Interval

The Plot() method is not firing, even though I have Display Update Interval set to 1 Sec. Plot() is only firing when I click on the chart. I understood that the Plot() method executes at the frequency set by Display Update Interval. Am I wrong? It is currently Saturday, outside of New York market hours, but I have the chart session template set to Default 24/7
    Last edited by monpere; 05-07-2011, 01:17 AM.

monpere, what are you trying to do here? If there is no incoming chart data, then the plots won't update unless you hit the F5 key.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
      monpere, what are you trying to do here? If there is no incoming chart data, then the plots won't update unless you hit the F5 key.
      No, that's not entirely correct from my observation. I've observed the Plot() method to be called on each incoming tick, and on user click on the chart. I thought that Plot() was also called at each "Display Update Interval" as set in the chart properties window. Am I wrong? If so what is the "Display Update Interval" used for?

What I am trying to do is, I have overriden the Plot() method, and I want it to execute my code every x seconds regardless of if there is tick data coming in or not. I thought "Display Update Interval" would do that, is that an incorrect assumption?

Comment

My apologies. I was recalling something else.

I will have someone get back to you on Monday with a more concrete answer, but please be aware that overriding the Plot() method is unsupported.

If you are trying to do something say, every five seconds, you could use a timer object to do whatever you want.

In the example, it outputs the L2 book at a specified frequency, but you could adapt it for your needs.
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

monpere, the Plot() method would be called whenever the plots needed updating, it's not limited by the Display Update Interval chosen.

I also feel a timer would be a fine approach for your needs.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post lorem
          by lorem

Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
          4 responses