Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

CurrentBars problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CurrentBars problem

Why doesn't the attached simple indicator work every time. It's a multitimeframe indicator that is taken directly from the NT documentation. I'm running NT 7.4. Looks like it will only go back 10 days. That's sure what it seems. Can you please point out to me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Files

Mike, I've never seen that code before; could you please point me to where I can find it in NinjaTrader? How are you testing it? Have you tried loading it on a chart/strategy with more than 10 days of data loaded?
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

CurrentBars problem

That's where I took it from.

Here's what was happening yesterday. I was using CL 06-10 with a 5 minute chart. Had 30 days loaded and all 30 days was showing on the chart. However, was only able to get 10 days worth of print statements in the output window. I worked with it for a while without any success. I changed to CL 06-11 and everything worked correctly. Had print statements for each day I had loaded whether I had 30 days or 10 days loaded. Tried the 06-10 contract again and was back to 10 days. Did not try other contracts. Also reloaded all historic data.

Comment

Thank you, I thought you downloaded the entire script from somewhere. Are the print statements you're able to view from the most recent 10 days? The output window only holds so many lines of output, and sometimes it can be overwritten. Does the problem persist if you use longer bars such as 30 minute bars?
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Austin...thanks for your assistance. let's put this one on the back shelf for now. It seems to be working ok on other datasets and I don't want to spend the time on this now. I may return to this later if I see that the problem is more global than what it is now.

Thanks again,
          Mike

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          0 responses