Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Maximum no of ticks moved by MA crossover signall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum no of ticks moved by MA crossover signall

Hi,

Need help finding or developing an indicator (or something) that can be used to determine the maximum number of ticks a moving average crossover signal achieved in the direction of the trend before turning to give the counter signal.
    I have attached a picture to assist with what I would like defined by the indicator.
    Looking forward to your feedback and advice.

Best regards,

Jeddy
    Attached Files

Hi jeddy0510,

It looks like you're trying to capture close price at the time of crossover and compare this value to the highest high and lowest low until the next crossover. For part of this, you may find functions MAX() and MIN() useful.

If you're looking to see this idea fully realized, consider a NinjaScript consultant who can be hired to write code to your specifications:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan,
      Thanks for your response and recommendation.
      Can you please provide pointers on how to make the Swing indicator work off the swing points of the Zig Zag indicator? I tried this in NT7 by making the input series the Zig Zag indicator, but had the challenge of what to do with the Swing strength. I left it as the default 5. The result appears to be that the Swing indicator was still working off the price bars rather than the absolute swing points of the Zig zag indicator. Is there a way around this?

Comment

Unfortunately changing the input series in the selection won't make it then calculate on ZigZag values. It may be possible with custom programming but will be challenging, especially considering both Zig Zag and Swing are repainting. For some ideas here, see this thread where another community member was creating a swing of RSI.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM