Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

TrendSpotter - Trend Line 3 Touch instead of 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TrendSpotter - Trend Line 3 Touch instead of 2

I am a big fan of trendlines and believe they are essential for successful trading. I love Ninjatrader but there is a lack of good trendline indicators. The most promising one I've found thus far is called TrendSpotter. It draws a line from two points based on a look back of a certain number of bars. It will draw 4 lines for each indicator added: long and short timeframes for both up and down trends.

Problem is this: It draws for only two points instead of three, a previous point and the current bar. Therefore, the lines keep redrawing as price moves. What it needs to do is draw on three touches instead of two. I looked through the code but I'm pretty weak on coding. Does anyone know if this can be changed relatively easily? This might require some sort of proximity threshold for inexact touches, I'm not sure.

Once it hits that third touch of the trendline, the line should draw. Once price breaches it, it should go away or change color or something like that. I don't really care about that as much right now so long as once it breaches, it's looking for a new trendline immediately. I believe it already does this.

Would anyone mind taking a look and seeing if it's a change they could make? I greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,
    Ryan
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.

I will leave this open for the community to respond, also You can contact one of our NinjaScript consultants to assist you with coding this or you can use our NinjaScript guide and forums to code this indicator yourself if you are a programmer.

NinjaScript Consultants:

NinjaScript Help Guide:

NinjaTrader Support Forum:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cocoescala, 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Jquiroz1975  
    Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM