Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator Value Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Value Set

Is there a way to not Set the Value.Set parameter within an indicator so the indicator still works when called from a strategy. I have other public DataSeries objects that i am using other than Value.

By setting one of them to value will override my plot settings for one of the other dataseries objects........Need Fix!

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

Sorry not sure exactly what your trying to do and why setting value is a bad thing in your case?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Its not a bad thing with simple indicators. But if i am using a conditional indicator within an indicator like a crossover or > < 2 values and then setting the resultant to a public DataSeries object to be plotted on a chart. When i do this for an indicator it works fine.

When i have 2 plots within an indicator, and 2 Parameter DataSeries set as the primary plots i have the "extra" value.set dataseries that i will receive an error when running a strategy if its not set to something other than null, which is apparently what it is set to when its set to nothing.

Question is, what can i set the value object to so that its not null, but so that it does not affect any of the plots on the chart?

Comment

Ben, have you tried calling .Reset() on this series, so value is 0 for calcs but ignored for plotting?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by samish18, Today, 01:01 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post samish18  
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes