Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

KeyReversalUp and KeyReversalDown Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeyReversalUp and KeyReversalDown Indicators

Can some one please help incorporating an additional option to what it currently does and is as follows:

KeyReversalDown - The current bar equals or goes higher (=>) than the high of the previous bar and then closes equal or below (<=) the high of the previous bar (if bar on close calculation option selected - TRUE), else flashes as soon as the current bar equals or goes below (<=) the high of the previous bar using ticks to calculate as bar on close will be set to - FALSE).

KeyReversalUp - The current bar equals or goes lower (<=), than the low of the previous bar and then closes equal or above (=>) the low of the previous bar (if bar on close is TRUE ), else flashes as soon as the current bar equals or goes above (=>) the low of the previous bar using ticks to calculate as bar on close will be set to FALSE)

Additionally, if we can add sound alert, it will be great when these conditions are met.

Currently, this indicator shows KeyReversalDown only when the current bar closes below the close of the previous bar after the current bar exceeds the high of the previous bar and KeyReversalUp only when the current bar closes above the close of previous bar only when the current bar goes lower than the low of the previous bar.

I WOULD APPRECIATE IF SOME ONE CAN MAKE THAT SIMPLE CHANGE.

Thanks Sam
    Last edited by sam777; 06-10-2011, 03:33 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

Unfortunately I'm unable to make the change for you. I will leave this open to see if a member of the community would like to assist however.

You can contact one of our NinjaScript consultants to assist you with coding this or you can use our NinjaScript guide and forums to code this indicator yourself if you are a programmer.

NinjaScript Consultants:

NinjaScript Help Guide:

NinjaTrader Support Forum:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I may be able to help, but I am not sure what you are asking. The system indicator is the description of a key reversal day; so what you are describing is not. Am I right in saying that you are looking for a completely different indicator from what would show a key reversal day?

Comment

Hi Koganam,

Please refer to my post#1, as I precisely described what the modifications to the KeyReversalUp and KeyReversalDown system indicators should be and currently, how these indicators work.

This indicator works in any time frame - INTRADAY as is.

Let me know if you have questions and I truly appreciate your help.

Thanks, Sam

Comment

Originally posted by sam777 View Post
          Hi Koganam,

Please refer to my post#1, as I precisely described what the modifications to the KeyReversalUp and KeyReversalDown system indicators should be and currently, how these indicators work.

This indicator works in any time frame - INTRADAY as is.

Let me know if you have questions and I truly appreciate your help.

Thanks, Sam
          What do you want to call the indicators that you are describing then? What you are describing are NOT KeyReversals.

Comment

Koganam,

I am really at a loss to understand why we are hung up on what it is called? Call it anything you want. I really don't care.

However, if you really want to know what these two indicators do, plot them on a chart (overlay bar) and you will understand better as to how it works and how it signals? I have clearly explained in post #1, how it works but you seem to think it a key reversal DAY. It indicates that you really don't seem to understand how it actually works and hung up with what it should be called instead.

First plot them on say a ES chart for whatever time frame intraday and then you will know what these two indicators do and how they work.

Thanks,

Sam
            Last edited by sam777; 06-10-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sam777 View Post
              Koganam,

I am really at a loss to understand why we are hung up on what it is called? Call it anything you want. I really don't care.

However, if you really want to know what these two indicators do, plot them on a chart (overlay bar) and you will understand better as to how it works and how it signals? I have clearly explained in post #1, how it works but you seem to think it a key reversal DAY. It indicates that you really don't seem to understand how it actually works and hung up with what it should be called instead.

First plot them on say a ES chart for whatever time frame intraday and then you will know what these two indicators do and how they work.

Thanks,

Sam
              We may be talking at cross purposes here. I do not care either what you want to call them, but they are YOUR indicators, and you have to tell me what YOU want to call them, so that I can save and compile them under the correct name that is meaningful to you..

The reason that you cannot call them KeyReversals has nothing to do with what the rest of the world wants to call them. The reason is simply that you cannot have 2 indicators with the exact same name in NinjaTrader, and NT already ships with indicators that have those names.
              Last edited by koganam; 06-11-2011, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Koganam,

Thanks. My understanding was using the same names and using the system code of these two indicators as the basis to modify with an added option to choose in the parameters of the indicators.

However, please call them now as SMogulReverseUp and SMogulReverseDown Indicators.

Thanks for the clarification. I am very appreciative of your help.

Thanks, Sam
                Last edited by sam777; 06-12-2011, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Does this cut the mustard?

For starters, we can take a look at the attached.

You MUST manually unzip and put the two wave files in your NinjaTrader\sounds folder. If you do not, then a default of the shipping NT "Alert4.wav" file will be used to sound alerts. You can even specify the file that you want to use as a default, but that file MUST be in the NT sounds folder.

I was too lazy to write separate indicators, so instead I wrote a single indicator which allows you to select what kind of reversals you want to see: top, bottom or both.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good trades to you.

Edit: Files replaced with new versions, with changes per the requester of the code. This should be Version 1.3 in the file notes.

Edit: FINAL UPDATE.

This was completed after numerous enhancement requests from Sam Mogul, and many personal refinements, as he was many times not able to clearly state requirements in a properly actionable format that made sense.

As my reward for coding this, here are the terminal paragraphs of the personal message that he sent me because he was such a genius that it took me 3 hours to teach him how to post a picture online to describe his request, as I was finding it more and more impossible to understand his written protestations.

That my friend comes very clearly through you and you may want to reflect upon urself. I didn't mean to say this but you asked for it because of your smart ass attitude.

You have no idea how I use this indicator and envision using it. I can see from your questions but I am studying the things this indicator generates. There are lot of ideas in my head and there were few I wanted to discuss and add and see how that works with you in terms of paying for the services. But I guess you are very difficult to work with (from dealing with you but not your work which is very good) and I appreciated that.

I also explained the software structure when I was explaining Volume OFF and Volume ON which you understood later (may be thinking what am I trying to do).

What you explained with lookback reversal, has given a dimension that I didn't know. Don't worry about application because that is where the core and that is why I was trying to precisely understand the code logic. Application is my world.

Anyway, thanks for the help and good luck. All the good in you is lost because of your mouth and think if it helps or creates problems!!
                  If you wish to read the whole string of the conversations between us, I am ready to release that, so that you may judge for yourself if he is justified with his insults.

I have, as a result, removed the attached files from this post, never to be seen again.

I will also NEVER, EVER again volunteer to code any complete indicator for anyone. PERIOD. I may occasionally still respond with snippets of code that solve a particular problem.
                  Last edited by koganam; 07-08-2011, 03:34 PM. Reason: Removed attached files, after insults from the requestor

Comment

As another software engineer, I feel your pain. I have also tried to help others and gotten burned. It sucks that stuff like that has to happen, but the ultimate losers are the ones who are burning others. They will be left without anyone to help them, and just might have to learn something on their own.

You helped me with a syntax problem I was stuck on once and that totally saved my bacon. So I would like to formally thank you for your dedicated help you offer and recognize that you are one of the senior engineers on this board. To lose your talent would hurt the Ninjatrader community for sure.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
                    16 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post z.franck  
                    Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post rtwave