Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

StochRSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StochRSI

TradeStation has an "EasyLanguage" Indicator that is a customizable two-line Stochastic/RSI. I find this indicator to be helpful in trade decisions along with a Hull M/A.

So far I have been unable to find anything close to this in a NinjaScript.

Can anyone provide some input on how to modify this for NT7?

Thanks!

JJ

=====================================

The TradeStation "EasyLanguage"...

{StoRSI}
    inputs: RSILen(13), StoLen(8), MA(5), MA2(5);

vars: PV(0), pvt(0), pvb(0);
    vars: OverBought(80), OverSold(20);
    Vars: Sum(0), Counter(0);

pvt = RSI(Close, RSILen) - Lowest(RSI(Close, RSILen), STOLen);
    pvb = Highest(RSI(Close, RSILen), STOLen) - Lowest(RSI(Close, RSILen), STOLen);

Sum = 0;
    For counter = 0 To MA - 1 Begin
    pvt = (RSI(Close, RSILen) - Lowest(RSI(Close, RSILen), STOLen)) of counter bars ago;
    pvb = (Highest(RSI(Close, RSILen), STOLen) - Lowest(RSI(Close, RSILen), STOLen)) of counter bars ago;

PV = iff(pvb > 0, pvt/pvb, 0);
    Sum = Sum + PV;
    End;

PV = iff(MA > 0, Sum / MA, 0);

plot1(PV*100, "StoRSI");
    plot2(average(PV,MA2)*100, "StoRSI2");
    plot3(OverBought, "OB");
    plot4(OverSold, "OS");

==============================

Hi Prov1322,

NinjaTrader has a built in StochRsi. There is also a modified version here in our support forums:

If you're looking for code translation services, consider hiring a NinjaScript consultant. Most all should be familiar with the TS > NS conversion.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just loaded the NT StochRSI

Thanks Ryan. Did a search but that did not show up.

Just loaded this and did a comparison with the TS version. The NT version is much smoother, right out of the box. NICE...

Thanks again!

JJ
      Last edited by Prov1322; 06-03-2011, 02:21 PM. Reason: Addendum

Comment

hey there! so i have seen on other platforms a StochRSI that allows the plotting of not only the RSI line, say 14, bust also a K and a D but it shows only a single stochastic rather than two plot lines any idea where i could download sucha indicator?

Comment

Hello Columbcille,

Thank you for your post.

I am not familiar with such an indicator for NinjaTrader 7. You could apply the StochRSI and Stochastics to the same panel, but adjustments would need to be made to the periods for K and D. It is also possible to develop this through NinjaScript. If you would like to take on learning NinjaScript, we have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.
          A link to our Help Guide can be found below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stribution.htm

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._resources.htm

You will find Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
          Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=30
          Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3229

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=37

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants.
          Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Ecosystem/NonBroker.php#81

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbcille View Post
            hey there! so i have seen on other platforms a StochRSI that allows the plotting of not only the RSI line, say 14, bust also a K and a D but it shows only a single stochastic rather than two plot lines any idea where i could download sucha indicator?
            I have published a version that

-> allows to add smoothing to the raw K line
            -> comes with a second D line, which is calculated as a SMA of the K line
            -> allows to set different lookback periods for RSI and Stochastics
            -> comes with improved code efficiency

The indicator can be found here:

Hello there, I use StochRSI indicator a lot in Ninjatrader, however It only display %K line. I would like it to also display the %D line; StochRSI %D is a moving average of %K over %D Length bars. I came up with some code by adding D as SMA of StochRSI but it doesn't show the correct results, the D line is way off. can someone help? can I just modify stochRSI.cs and get it done? if so what code should I add and where. Thank you for your assistance Tom

I do not attach indicators here, because that would make organized updates impossible. However, if you are not a member of Big Mike's and cannot access the download section, let me know your e-mail via private message and I will send you the indicator.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Harry,
              Would You please share the SotchRSI indicator with me I have Ninja 7.0.1 ( the link in the post is broken), my email [email protected]

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by junkone, 04-21-2024, 07:17 AM
              9 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jeronymite  
              Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post trilliantrader