Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SMA of OHLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMA of OHLC

Hi, can anyone help please.

I can't believe you are unable to adjust an SMA, EMA etc to use the High or Low etc for the calculation of the plot from the ordinary indicator drop-down. What am I missing?

I just want to plot say a 20 period SMA of the high. Please tell me I don't have to learn Ninjascript for this and spend hours of frustration trying to work out which one of the 400 lines of irrelevant script contains the inevitable error.

This is after all the most simple of charting options available since Og the caveman thought " I know, what if I want to plot a channel on a graph. Wonder what i'll need to do that?"

Any pointers gratefully received.

A frustrated new customer.

Hello stocktraderbmp,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums!

You actually can change the input series the SMA or any other indicator is calculated from the Indicator parameters.

To locate this option, please right click on the chart > select “indicators” > select your applied SMA indicator to active the indicator parameters on the right menu.

From the indicator parameters, you will see a new property labeled “Input series”. Please select this row and hit the “…” box to bring up the Input Series properties.

From the input series properties, you will have the options to chose from Close, Open, High, Low, Median, etc. Highlight the option you would like the SMA to calculate from and press "OK".

Please see our Help Guide article on "How to edit an indicator's parameters" for more information:

I have also attached a screen shot of this option for further clarification.
    Attached Files
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks ........

Thanks. Would have left it at just that but the system insists that I write at least 10 words or something before it lets me post my thanks !!!!!!!!

Hmmmm >>>>>............

PS Although I'm new to ninja, I moved to you on the recommendation of almost everybody I spoke too, I must say its not really "new-user intuitive" however; once you've found were everything is and learn't the hot key commands it does start to come together as an excellent charting / trading platform. And of course the support is fantastic!!!

Please can I politely point you in the direction of this excellent fellows suggestion :

A user defined drop-down would be superb. And yes I have to agree, 4 hours is a great time frame and 2 minutes is used by almost no-one with any sense ! Though I'm sure someone will tell me about someone who made a gazillion dollars on a 2 min chart and then sold the "system" for another gazillion to those with no sense !!!

Anyway, thanks.

PS I know I can type "240m" on the chart and hit enter.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin