Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Globex session indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Globex session indicator

Hello,

Is there an indicator which plot the HIGH/LOW of the GLOBEX session without changing my settings (session begins/session ends) ?

For example, on a 5 minutes @ER2 chart ?

Thanks for your attention,

Best regards

Angel

Unfortunately this is not supported.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here's an indicator that accomplishes something similar to what I think you're asking for.

Let me know if you find it useful.

Enjoy!
      Ben
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sbgtrading; 11-11-2011, 07:13 AM. Reason: Added NT7 version

Comment

Hi,

YES, it's very very USEFUL !!!!

Many thanks to you

Sincerely,

Angel

Comment

This is exactly what I was looking for....Thanks a million!!!!

Comment

I would like to use the indicator but it does not quite do what i want

If I set the start time to be 4:30est (16:30) and the end time to be the next day at 9:30am est...the plots are not correct

I guess the across midnight is not supported?

Comment

Actually, I was looking for the indicator to work over midnight as well.
              Last edited by gooph; 10-28-2008, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                I tried to view this custom indicator in NT7 and it would not open. Was this made for NT 6.5?

Comment

Can't seem to get this indicator to work. Can you possibly update for NT7??

Comment

Did any of you guys get that overnight globex high low indicator that plots on the current session?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by everington_f View Post
                      Did any of you guys get that overnight globex high low indicator that plots on the current session?

Regards

You can also use the OpeningRange indicator, see chart below. It plots the overnight high and low. Alternatively you plot today's ETH high and low by using the SessionPivots.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thought I would re ask the question. Does anyone know of an indicator that will plot the Globex HL on the current RTH session.

Thanks.

Comment

As the questions continue, let me try to answer again, this time more detailed.

(1) If you use a RTH session template such that your chart only shows the price bars formed during the regular trading hours, then you cannot display the Globex High and Low on your chart. The reason is very simple. The required data has not been loaded into the chart.

(2) What is possible is to display the Globex High and Low (that is the High and Low of the night session) on an ETH chart. The anaOpeningRangeV38 indicator plots the opening range of the regular session and the night session high and low. It is easiest to apply, if you use a session template which explicitly defines night and regular session. But this is not necessary. The first chart attached shows the opening range on a chart that uses the session template CME US Index Futures ETH. To adjust the indicator you need to enter an offset for the session start relative to the session begin or session end. Possible settings are either

(1) Session # for RTH: First / Offset = + 17:00 (this is the difference between 8:30 AM (start of regular session) and 3:30 PM (start of night session)
                          (2) Session # for RTH: Second / Offset = - 6:45 (this is the duration of the regular session)

No adjustment via offset is needed, if you use the correct session template.

The indicator also allows to display the Asian or European session high and low instead of the Globex high and low. You can set the times for the Asian session in TST (Tokyo Standard Time ) and for the European session in CET (Central European Time, one hour ahead of London). The chart 2 shows the same indicator displaying the European session. The European session has been selected from 8:00 AM CET to 1:00 PM CET. Settings can be changed.

You can see that yesterday European high and low were more useful to consider than the Globex high and low. The indicator can be downloaded here (membership required)

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

or you can send me a private message with your e-mail. There is another version of this indicator, which comes with initial balance range bands, but this was not asked here.

If you do just want to display the Globex High and Low, then you can set the opening range to transparent. Hope that answers some of the questions

Harry
                          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by haas88, 03-21-2024, 02:22 AM
                          18 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post haas88
                          by haas88

Started by Board game geek, Today, 02:20 AM