Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninja Price Action script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Price Action script

This isnt mine, but I have attached a part of it from a script called Ninja Price Action.
    What does the ATR value do here? I know the Swing is how many bars left and right get compared.
    The script writes HH, LL, HL, LH on the chart (I have eliminated LH and HL)
    and I use a variable called dist so I can input different values for the ATR but havent figured out what changes.
    Attached Files

From my understanding this is just a dynamic offset for the labels used based on the Average True Range (ATR) - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._range_atr.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i dont know what dynamic offset means.
      also, this program devours memory. if i eliminate ATR will it seriously affect things?
      I just use it as a rough clue to look for divergences against an indicator in panel 2.

Comment

I would not be too familiar with the script, but I believe you remove the ATR offset and just add a tick or 2 for the spacing of the labels. Dynamic meant here it's using the average range of the bars to determine how high a label is placed above the candle for example.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

for those who are using but experencing extreme slowness , just make dtbStrength to 0.

Comment

Has anyone found success using this indicator and if so, can you please share how to implement this indicator in a strategy?

Comment

Hello Nyman,

The code from post #1 appears to be NinjaScript C#. The logic within OnBarUpdate could likely be copied and pasted into a new script.
              The barsBack, curhigh, tooffest, and prevlow variables would need to be declared (as ints or doubles depending on the value they need to hold).

Below I am providing a link to a forum post with helpful resources about getting started with NinjaScript and C#.

Please note, NinjaTrader 7 is no longer in active development and we are no longer considering new feature requests or changes for NinjaTrader 7. Main development has shifted to our flagship platform NinjaTrader 8. This does mean updates from brokerages, data feeds, or operating systems that require an update in NinjaTrader will not be implemented in NinjaTrader 7 and may cause an interruption in service.

While there is not a set ETA for the complete discontinuation of NinjaTrader 7, we highly recommend transitioning to NinjaTrader 8 as soon as possible before NinjaTrader 7 reaches its end of life to prevent interruption of service.

Click below to download NinjaTrader 8.
              NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

I am providing the link with resources for getting started with coding on NT8 below.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
              14 responses
              0 likes