Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Some properties an methods that are not documented in help guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some properties an methods that are not documented in help guide.

Hello.

I'm trading in Demo mode.

I'm developing an indicator for position sizing. I need to use TickSize, PointValue and Commission from the instrument.

I'm get the ticksize and pointvalue from Instrument.Masterinstrument class.

Althought in the help guide only are documented three properties (Name, InstrumentType and PointValue) and two methods (Compare() and Round2TickSize())) I'm try to get the commission with Instrument.Masterinstrument.GetCommission(Provider provider) and the provider list show some brokers like MB Trading, InteractiveBrokers and others, but do not list Zen-Fire, also there are Provider1, Provider2,..., Provider20.

The list also show Simulator as a provider, How is utilize this?

How can I get the commission that I wrote in the Zen-Fire in the miscelanoeus tab of Instrument Manager Dialog Box?

For the other hand, where can get documentation for a list of all options, to set in the Initialize() section, like ChartOnly; I saw this in other indicator. For example, ChartOnly is not included in the help guide.

Thank you very much.

Hello,

Thank you for the forum post.

There are many variables and methods available to use that are not documented in the help guide. However if they are not documented to the help guide this means that it is unsupported in NinjaScript and it is at your own risk to use it and could change functionality without warning in future releases. It is up to you to use these however there is unfortunately no support I could provide for them.

There is no supported method to get the commissions data from the commissions tab. You would need to have the user manually set this in the strategy/indicator properties when they add the indicator.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

OK. Understood.

Thank you very much for your response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
      Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM