Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

what bar is this reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what bar is this reading?

I got this 6.5 indicator working on 7.0 with support help a while ago.

When there is neither an empty triangle in the upper right corner of the chart indicating extra space is on the right nor a filled in one indicating we are a few bars back from the current bar, the status box works showing the current H, C, L on the right and the prior bar on the left side and the time remaining.
    When there is filled in triangle meaning we are back a few bars, it still works showing the last 2 bars on the chart data and the correct countdown.

But when i have the empty triangle meaning there is extra space (which i prefer using so i dont accidentally not realize i am on the wrong bar etc...) the left side is the current bar but WHAT IS THE RIGHT SIDE SHOWING? thanks.
    i couldnt match it up.
    Attached Files

simpletrades,

Thank you for your post

From your code, I am not sure exactly what bars are calculating in your custom status box..

However, to prevent this issue from occuring, I would suggest increasing the right side margin on your chart so the last bar on your chart will be automatically be X pixels from the right side of the chart.

To change this, please right click on your chart--> select "Properties"--> chang the "right side margin to a large value such as "40".

With this set, you should see the accurate information on your chart and giving you some room from the end of the chart and the current bar.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post terofs
    by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
    1 response