Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Plotting text example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plotting text example

I need to plot text of GetProfitLoss() value (value always changes during the trade)somewhere on the chart, like lower right with big fonts. Is there any example that I can use to do this?

Thanks

ssg10, you could for example take a look at this example - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=19148 and then adapt it to your needs.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Position and MarketPosition

Thanks.

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
      {
      // If not flat print our open PnL
      if (Position.MarketPosition != MarketPosition.Flat)
      Print("Open PnL: " + Position.GetProfitLoss(Close[0], PerformanceUnit.Points));
      }

I tried the code above and Position. and MarketPosition yield compile errors that it doesn't exist in current context. How to fix this?

Comment

Are you trying this from a strategy script? This would not for indicator accessing manual trading positions currently held. The ATM example was a NinjaScript strategy called ATM's for trade management, this would be a special case.

Comment

I accessed it from indicator, not strategy

Comment

So, how can i show my percent loss/gain in current position on screen? It is simple stuff.

Comment

Hello,

Indicators do not have access to strategy items such as MarketPosition. This is the difference between indicators and strategies in NinjaTrader.

To output your PnL you would either use text. DrawText(). Or if you want a second panel with a PnL line/graph you can do this with strategy plot inside your strategy.

Please use this sample for strategy plot.

When running a strategy on a chart you may find the need to plot values onto a chart. If these values are internal strategy calculations that are difficult to migrate to an indicator, you can use the following technique to achieve a plot. NinjaTrader 8 With NinjaTrader 8 we introduced strategy plots which provide the ability

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Could you elaborate more on "To output your PnL you would either use text. DrawText(). " ?

Is this in indicator script, or... ?

What method to call to output PnL and assign it to the DrawText?

Comment

I think I have to make it clear what I want to do here.

I want to see my real-time PnL on the screen in percentage. And, it is not strategy trades. It is manual trades that I execute myself from the chart trader or DOM.

Furthermore, would love to see the total account gain/loss % of the day.

I hope this makes it clear, since I think the replies so far is suggesting to plot PnL of strategy trades. Thanks!

Comment

ssg10, what you could do is shown in the strategy script attached - this would not work from an indicator for manual trades. It would work from a strategy for the account it's executing on and up to the level of info what we show documented for the GetAccountValue method :

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ssg10 View Post
                      I think I have to make it clear what I want to do here.

I want to see my real-time PnL on the screen in percentage. And, it is not strategy trades. It is manual trades that I execute myself from the chart trader or DOM.

Furthermore, would love to see the total account gain/loss % of the day.

I hope this makes it clear, since I think the replies so far is suggesting to plot PnL of strategy trades. Thanks!
                      I am not sure what you are asking. Chart Trader shows that information directly.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                      Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes