Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dynamically Hide/Show Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamically Hide/Show Indicators

Is there a way to dynamically hide or show an indicator on the chart without completely removing it from the chart?

Hiding it would stop it the plotting, I suppose. Showing it would reenable the plotting.

For example, hiding a stochastic below the chart would close that region and free up screen space. Showing the stochastic would reestablish the region with the sto.

Hiding a moving average on the chart would erase the MA from the chart on stop the plotting. Showing the MA would put it back on the chart.

If Ninja does not provide this capability, is it possible with dotnet code?

Thank you.

Hello,

This is unfortunately not possible in NT currently and I do not know of any .net code you could do to add this in. This is something that would need to be added into the core most likely. I know this is already on our suggestion list however I will forward this to development as they do keep tabs on demand for features.

Thanks for the post and have a great rest of the weekend!

Comment

Hello Brett,

Great...can you imagine how powerful it would be to do this? It would be truly phenomenal. There are some indicators that are only useful at certain times...other times they just get in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle Trader View Post
        Hello Brett,

Great...can you imagine how powerful it would be to do this? It would be truly phenomenal. There are some indicators that are only useful at certain times...other times they just get in the way.
        Yes, such a feature would vault our beloved NinjaTrader so far ahead that other vendors would have little choice but to try to copy the feature.

Or, is there a package that already has such a feature?

Comment

DESPERATELY NEED THIS... I have used Think or Swim for a while and the ability to hide any object, indicators OR drawn objects is CRITICAL to have...

THE best implementation of this is MT4... there you can specify in which time frame an indicator should show/hide so you can use ONE chart for 3min, daily, weekly charts and use several instances of the SAME indicator but use different settings for different time frame but have them show only on each time frame... VERY slick. BUT MT4 doesn't do futures...

Comment

what about use of transparent...

within a single indicator, I change colors of items to "transparent" when I don't want that item to display...

would be interesting to see if from a chart's global point of view....

if criteria xyz then turn indicator A, B, and C colors to "transparent"

I have also made use of time input values(starttime,endtime) ... for example the indicator can only plot between starttime and endtime

just a thought...
            Last edited by tulanch; 09-10-2011, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I can confirm that this is on our suggestion list to possibly add in a future release of NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by tulanch View Post
                within a single indicator, I change colors of items to "transparent" when I don't want that item to display...

would be interesting to see if from a chart's global point of view....

if criteria xyz then turn indicator A, B, and C colors to "transparent"

I have also made use of time input values(starttime,endtime) ... for example the indicator can only plot between starttime and endtime

just a thought...
                How is the (starttime,endtime) used?? I need some indicators to only work in specific sessions and there is no such option..

Thanks

Comment

currently you need to write code to do this...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post yertle
                  by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes