Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple questions

I have a request to write an indicator with a couple features that I don't know if they are possible with NT methods.

1) Can you put a clickable object on a chart? They want a "button" object they can click and also drag around the chart, and have it change color and make a change to the chart format (see #2) when you click it.

2) They want to be able to hide the currently drawing bar on the chart and only show the bars up TO the current bar. In other words, only display bars that are closed.

Are these two things possible with standard NT methods? If not, are they possible with some C# methods outside NT, and would you recommend going that route or just saying 'no'?

Thanks!
    Bryan
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

1. yes. its standard C# programming. just put an appropriate control on the chartpanel.

2. just change the color of the current/running bar to color transparent.

Comment

Bryan, for the creation of the buttons please see this thread here for some discussion and snippets on this non NinjaScript technique : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=37910
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by bukkan View Post
        1. yes. its standard C# programming. just put an appropriate control on the chartpanel.

2. just change the color of the current/running bar to color transparent.
        Hey, that's good thinking about the transparent color, bukkan, thank you! I'll see if that meets the customer's needs. The only issue I can see with that is that the bar would still be on the chart and so would be included in any indicator or strategies running. I don't know if he wants it completely off the chart or not.

I'll look at Bertrand's link for samples of clickable objects on the chart panel. Thanks, guys!

Bryan
        cassb
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Comment

never tried it, but in the Bars class there is a method RemoveLastBar() you can fiddle with that. again as i said i never played with it, but the name looks interesting. maybe the NT guys can shed some hints

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          11 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xiinteractive  
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred