Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Creating Persistent Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Persistent Indicator

Hello support,

I have a tickCount indicator that gives information on the number of trades that happenned on the given bar. It is basically the same as is posted here in the Reference Samples section. I run it on market replay, and it shows data - no problem.

Now say I want to add a new indicator to the chart, which uses the values of this tickCount. As this new indicator did not go through replay, it needs "historical" values of tickCount (i.e. of previous bars). And my question is, how can I make past values of tickCount available for other indicators to use? The main question here is mostly how I can store these values so that the new indicator can access them.

Best regards,
    Daniel.

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Just to clarify what chart type are you running this on?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello Brett,

basically any, i.e. no special type. Minute, volume, renko...

Regards,
      Daniel.

Comment

Hello,

I see, understood.

If you ran on a tick chart it would be possible to constitute number of ticks in a bar however each bar would be the same.

In other bar types this is not possible as you have found, this requires a live data feed to count these ticks.

Unfortunately this would not be possible with default NinjaTrader settings. There is a multi time frame strategy programming technique you could use to bring in a 1 tick series and then count the tick data. However this would bring in tick data which is very data intensive.

You can submit orders to different Bars objects. This allows you the flexibility of submitting orders to different timeframes. Like in live trading, taking entry conditions from a 5min chart means executing your order as soon as possible instead of waiting until the next 5min bar starts building. You can achieve this by

You would use the above sample and then load in a 1 tick series and then use a counter variable to count the ticks in the secondary series. This is a considerable jump in programming experience required to do this however.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I see Brett, thank you very much! It seems a bit difficult, so I guess I will plan my indicators before running replay.

A last quick question.. is there any way I can use more than 10 panels on a chart? I happen to need exactly... eleven.

Thank you for a fast reply!
          Daniel.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately this is also not able to bypass. Sorry .

I will let development know of the demand.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader  
            Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred