Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy to Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy to Indicator

I created a strategy which is working out great on my charts except that I am unable to run chart trader at the same time which is becoming quite cumbersome as I have to have a strategy chart and trade chart for everything. I understand that I can somehow import this strategy and set up as an indicator which will allow my strat alerts to show on the charts and be able to use my chart trader simultaneously.

How do I import the current strategy and set up as an indicator for this purpose?

Hi BigBlue35,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums. There is unfortunately not an import feature. You need to move all the critical parts from the strategy into a custom indicator. This could include the Variables region, Initialize(), and OnBarUpdate sections of the strategy.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Is there any video or tutorial on setting up a strategy as an indicator?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue35 View Post
        Thanks. Is there any video or tutorial on setting up a strategy as an indicator?
        There is really no difference except in the command set. Many of the strategy properties/methods, are not valid in indicators.

So to turn a strategy into an indicator pretty much just involves copying the various event handlers/methods into a new indicator, then correcting all the errors that pop-up when you attempt to compile. They will almost all be related to things that are valid in a strategy, but not in an indicator.

Comment

Best is to get familiar with basic of indicator development, and then should be straightforward to copy - paste the right elements in. This page can help with the overall indicator structure, and has some good tutorials to go through.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 10-14-2011, 03:10 PM.
          Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Looks like you all used to have a list of recommended programmers for stuff like this but page is no longer active. At this point I would rather have someone set this up for me. Do you still have a list of programmers?

Comment

BigBlue, yes we do still have a list of consultants - http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners#...pt-Consultants
              AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888
              by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
              0 responses