Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Add-On Programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add-On Programming

Dear support,

is it possible to program add-on-like features to Ninja? Specifically, I would like to have a tool, preferably accesible from the Chart Tools Menu, which upon clicking would alow me to select two bars on the chart and then return a value, produce a message, print sth to the chart...whatever, based on the price action that happenned between these two bars. I understand it's not an indicator-like thing as it does not calculate all the time. Hence, I would just like to know whether anything like that is actually possible in ninja or whether ninjascript does not provide for such extensions.

Regards,
    Daniel.

Daniel, this is indeed possible, but it is not officially supported by NinjaTrader.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I would also like to do something similar to this. Is there any documentation or anything available to help me program a ninjatrader addon feature?

thanks,

Satnam.

Comment

Originally posted by Eubie View Post
        Dear support,

is it possible to program add-on-like features to Ninja? Specifically, I would like to have a tool, preferably accesible from the Chart Tools Menu, which upon clicking would alow me to select two bars on the chart and then return a value, produce a message, print sth to the chart...whatever, based on the price action that happenned between these two bars. I understand it's not an indicator-like thing as it does not calculate all the time. Hence, I would just like to know whether anything like that is actually possible in ninja or whether ninjascript does not provide for such extensions.

Regards,
        Daniel.
        You would have to custom code that using the System.Windows.Forms namespace.

Comment

Yes, but do you provide any documentation that shows how to write components that interact with the ninjatrader API. Basically, I would like know if it is possible to extend for example the DOM component?

Comment

Originally posted by satnam View Post
            Yes, but do you provide any documentation that shows how to write components that interact with the ninjatrader API. Basically, I would like know if it is possible to extend for example the DOM component?
            Well, I do not: I cannot speak for NinjaTrader, as I am just another customer/user of the program.

However, I have never seen such documentation made available. Heck, we cannot even get documentation about how the main chart screen is being created (the ChartControl namespace/class).

I would venture to suggest that on this one, you are completely on your own.

Comment

Hello,

Yes this would be unsupported and there is no documentation available on this unfortunately.

We are constantly working to expand our support for custom programming.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Aviram Y  
              Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes