Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Changing z order programatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SharonSS
    replied
    Originally posted by fosch View Post
    Bertrand,

I was just pointed to this thread from Ryan. Handy workaround.

I've started to add the ZOrder = -1 to ALL of my indicators, so that price will always be on top. Could there be any issues in doing this? That is having all ZOrder values equal to -1? What exactly does setting ZOrder to -1 do? Does it just place the indicator "outside" of the ZOrder processing? What if I programmatically set all my ZOrders to like 999? Would there be an issue with multiple indicators having the same ZOrder?

Thanks.

Joe
    Doesn't look like you've gotten an answer to your question yet. However, I have a question for you. You said you started adding the ZOorder = -1 to ALL your indicators. Where did you do this? In the property window of the indicator? If so, what area?

Hopefully you're not talking about programming script.

I have a problem with an indicator by PrTester, "Keltner Channel with Color". The first chart I added the Keltner on a 100 Range and it's perfect. However, when I applied it to a 40 Range and 60 Range, the Keltner is ON the bars, not behind the bars like on the 100 Range.

I emailed PrTester about this and he directed me to this thread. ???

I don't want changes to my EMAs as I like them on top of the bars.

Leave a comment:

• fosch
    replied
    Bertrand,

I was just pointed to this thread from Ryan. Handy workaround.

I've started to add the ZOrder = -1 to ALL of my indicators, so that price will always be on top. Could there be any issues in doing this? That is having all ZOrder values equal to -1? What exactly does setting ZOrder to -1 do? Does it just place the indicator "outside" of the ZOrder processing? What if I programmatically set all my ZOrders to like 999? Would there be an issue with multiple indicators having the same ZOrder?

Thanks.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    We'ved added your feedback to our lists under # 1003 - thanks again for the input here.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    That should work from my experience, try setting for example to a really high value like the maxValue for integers - keep in mind it applies to all plots of the indicator, depending on your needs you might need to work with multiples ones.

Leave a comment:

• JS999
    replied
    Thanks - incidentally, this unsupported code where we can set ZOrder = -1.... can we also set it to something else to put it always on top of all the other indicators? What would happen if we put a really big number there, like ZOrder = 100? Would it work and just make the indicator topmost, or would it crash because it was trying to set it to a value that was greater than the number of plots on the chart?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    Thanks for the additional input, I see - let me forward to product management to add to our list of feedback.

Leave a comment:

• JS999
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
    You're welcome, I would agree this can come in handy, for now you can add the unsupported ZOrder = -1 call to your indicators scripts that would move the study behind the price bars (as done in our VolumeZones).
    Thanks, that's useful to know... however my real problem is with manually drawn objects. Maybe this same "ZOrder = -1" code can be added to all manually drawn objects as soon as they are drawn, if a particular flag is set on the chart properties. That would allow all fibonnacci levels, trendlines, and so on to automatically appear beneath everything else on the chart the minute they are added, instead of right on top, if the user chooses. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    You're welcome, I would agree this can come in handy, for now you can add the unsupported ZOrder = -1 call to your indicators scripts that would move the study behind the price bars (as done in our VolumeZones).

Leave a comment:

• JS999
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
    Hi JS999, changing this programmatically is not supported at this point in time, but on our feedback list for future consideration.
    Thanks for the response... it would be very useful to be able to have a simple indicator like this, so we can keep our charts uncluttered when there are multiple lines that get drawn on them. Hopefully you guys will add it to the next release... thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    Hi JS999, changing this programmatically is not supported at this point in time, but on our feedback list for future consideration.

Leave a comment:

• JS999
    started a topic Changing z order programatically?

Changing z order programatically?

Is there some way to change the z-order of a data series programmatically in NT7? I would like to create an indicator that at the close of every bar, automatically brings the price bars to the top of the z-order, on top of everything else that is painted on the chart. Is there some way to do this in NinjaScript by any chance?

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM