Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indcator from different time frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indcator from different time frame

I have a 3100 tick chart that has a 9wma on it..i want to be able to display that indicfator on my 4 range chart, how do i get that done?

qkracer,

I am happy to assist you.

You can add a second data series to the chart by right clicking the chart > go to data series > add a second data series of the same instrument to the chart set to use 4 range bars. Then, you can add your indicator by right clicking > go to indicators > select the wma > set its input series to the 4 range bars data series. After doing this, you can simply click and drag the indicator to the primary panel you want this indicator in.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

did not seem to work...

i must not have explained myself, or i can not read english properly, ( i assume that latter)
      let me make sure you understand what i am doing...i have a 4 range chart and a 3000 tick chart.

on the 3000 tick chart i have a wma that i would like to overlay on the 4 range chart.

when i did what you said i have two problems
      1. after i set up the data series for a 3000 tick chart, and then put the wma on it... it distorted the 4 range chart.
      and
      2. i could not bring it up on panel 1

sorry for not understandintg

Comment

qkracer,

Thanks for your note.

I have attached a template you may use for reference. It has the 4 range WMA on the tick chart, and I have set the range bars to be transparent. You can use it by unzipping the .xml file, then placing it in My Documents / NinjaTrader 7 / templates / chart.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
        Attached Files

Comment

almost

i was able to get it to work, however the range bars are not equally spaced..can that be fixed
          Attached Files

Comment

qkracer,

Did you use my template or your own? Which data series are you adding first, the 4 range or the 3000 tick?

Comment

I tried both.....

what I am using exactly is a 6 range chart that I want to put the wma from the 3000 tic chart on it....

eventually i want to set it up on my 6range chart, but to answer your question, i created a chart for the 6range, then added a 2nd chart made it a 3000 tic chart, then i put the templete on it. that is the chart that I sent you...hope that helps

Comment

When using a multi series chart the bar spacing will be based off of time as apposed to equal distance between bars.

In order to base an indicator off another time interval without having the other interval included in the chart would require custom programming. If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you:

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                9 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ender_wiggum  
                Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes