Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

CustomPlotSample question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CustomPlotSample question.

Hello,
    In order to develop some indicator with custom plotting (sort of candles) in NT7 I was going through @CustomPlotSample (and @HeikenAshi) code.
    First question is about:
    public override void Plot(Graphics graphics, Rectangle bounds, double min, double max)
    method in @CustomPlotSample. I wonder - how often it this method called? Just once or on every ..(bar?).. update? And also can you manage it for yourself?

Thank you.

Also, as a suggestion - it would be VERY nice to have all these commands documented. NinjaTrader 7 has all chances to become even more popular development platform of serious systematic traders, but without good knowledge of framework it's just not possible.

Also, as a suggestion - it would be VERY nice to have all these commands documented. NinjaTrader 7 has all chances to become even more popular development platform of serious systematic traders, but without good knowledge of framework it's just not possible.
    You have two hopes of that - and one is called Bob :-)

Comment

Hi Mindset,

And where can I find this Bob?

Thanks.

Comment

danilam, thanks for the input - this is already on our feedback list for future consideration. A lot of the 'under the hood' methods can be used by advanced programmers if they desire to, but supported is (especially important for future code breaking changes potentially coming) only what we document in our helpguide.

You can add a print to the overriden Plot() to see how the updates are handled in your scenario. In the default sample provided you see updates from the last chart shown bar on for each tick (as not tied to OnBarUpdate() no COBC setting).
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Bertrand!

Is there any additional support in this area if I buy a licence for NT?

I understood from your message, that this Plot() method is called on every tick update, but didn't exactly understand this: "(as not tied to OnBarUpdate() no COBC setting)." Could you please elaborate as far as you can?

Comment

The support that we give is not tied to a license purchase, we support what we officially document in the helpguide - that being said there are many examples of hints and input from other community members here on the forums, there's even a thread that discusses those more advanced methods.

The CalculateOnBarClose setting does not have an effect here on the update interval, as you're not working in OnBarUpdate() anymore.

Comment

Thanks again, Bertrand!
              I understand now what I asked.
              Could you please point to that thread you said about? I would really appreciate that!

Comment

Sure thing, please check into this one here -

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Felix Reichert, Today, 02:12 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post Felix Reichert