Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Text string Indicator for Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text string Indicator for Market Analyzer

My indicator draws text on the chart. This works fine, but I wish to show the same text in a column on the Market Analyzer. When I create a column in the Market Analyzer the value that appears is always a number (double).

How can the indicator be coded to return a text string?

Is there an example source of an indicator that can return a text string for display in a column in the Market Analyzer, please?

I'm not sure I can help you with your problem, but was just curious. How do you make your indicator draw text on the screen?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacefaring View Post
      My indicator draws text on the chart. This works fine, but I wish to show the same text in a column on the Market Analyzer. When I create a column in the Market Analyzer the value that appears is always a number (double).

How can the indicator be coded to return a text string?

Is there an example source of an indicator that can return a text string for display in a column in the Market Analyzer, please?
      For this type of result, please create an indicator that returns a plotted value for your conditions, so you could then create a Cell Condition in your Market Analyzer sheet to print the text desired.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by outstretchedarm View Post
        I'm not sure I can help you with your problem, but was just curious. How do you make your indicator draw text on the screen?
        You can use the DrawText or DrawTextFixed methods in NinjaScript for this task :

This reference sample would be helpful as well getting started in the area of draw object coding :

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          For this type of result, please create an indicator that returns a plotted value for your conditions, so you could then create a Cell Condition in your Market Analyzer sheet to print the text desired.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...conditions.htm
          Thank you, but that does not really help very much to solve the problem, as I would have to write impossibly complex cell conditions in anticipation of what text string was relevant. Since the text string is known by the indicator is there not a direct method to transfer the text string from the indicator to the Market Analyzer?

Comment

Spacefaring,

What Bertrand is saying is to have some simple output plot an integer, then set up market analyzer to have a different string for 1, or for 2, or for 3. Its not incredibly complex, just checking in your indicator if the string is say A, then assign the dataseries a value of 1, if it is B, assign a dataseries value of 2, etc. You can then set up the Market Analyzer to output the string A if it gets a 1, or the string B if it gets a 2, etc from this plot.

That being said, here is another way you could try to do this but it requires intermediate programming abilities :

Here is a reference sample on exposing Indicator values that are not plots : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4991

Please let us know if you require additional assistance.
            Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes