Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is this possible (indicator using t&s and level 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this possible (indicator using t&s and level 2)

Hello, and thanks for looking.

I have a question regarding the possibility of making an indicator. I have zero experience programming and zero knowledge of it, so please take that into consideration.

Basically, what I am looking for is to see the first level of bid and ask next to each transaction that occurred on the time and sales. To give an example to clarify, suppose there is 6 on the bid and 12 on the offer, and someone just bought 6 contracts from the offer, I would like to see something like "6:47:32 (time) 1125 (price) 6 (size) 6 (bid) 12 (offer, just prior the trade went through).

Let me know if this is clear or not.

I appreciate all help that I can get with this, and most importantly, if it is even possible?

Thanks

Welcome to our forums Tudor, this would be doable in our NinjaScript as you can have programmatic access to Level 1 and Level 2 data (OnMarketData() and OnMarketDepth() methods in NinjaScript) - however creating this would not be an easy task for someone without programming knowledge.

There are though a range of certified NinjaScript consultants available that could create the desired study for you : http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners#...pt-Consultants
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Bertrand.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction if I would like to do it myself?

Comment

Sure thing Tudor, to get started in general with NinjaScript I would recommend those tutorials here :

For the needed Level 1 and Level 2 data access in NinjaScript, the methods below would be what you seek :

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for all the help, hopefully it's not much more difficult than I am expecting, hah!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Jon17
          by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
          0 responses