Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Reducing the Indicator List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reducing the Indicator List

I'm not sure where to post this? I would like to reduce the indicator list but don't know if that is possible or wise. There are many I do not use, and was hoping to downsize the total to keep the list small.
    Thank you

Hi Shamal,

The indicator list can be managed through Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator window. You can delete custom scripts by selecting one and then delete. Custom assemblies can be removed through File > Utilties > Remove NinjaScript Assembly. You will not be able to remove system indicators from the gui, and manually removing is not advised as there are a lot of dependencies.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan, and if I want to retrieve a deleted one in the future, the default list would be stored somewhere?

Comment

The list is generated by the files in Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\custom\indicator

If you delete indicators, it removes the files from your hard drive and there's no built in recovery.

You can make a backup of your NinjaScript files prior to removing any indicators, and could always restore from this backup. Please see here for help with the backup / restore feature:

Comment

Thanks Ryan, much appreciated. I was hoping to reduce the system list, but now realize the interconnected code prevents that. Perhaps in the future they would consider sub-foldering that list, and we would not have to scroll through the growing drop down all the time. When I'm adding indicators on the fly in chart building it gets a bit tedious. Am learning to build basic chart set-ups and go from there. Do you think chart subfolders are allowed?
          Thank you for your help, much appreciated, I learn so much about the system each time I post.

Comment

I'm happy to help and it's great that you're learning from this community. There is currently no indicator organizational structure available, but is on our list for future consideration. Thanks for the feedback - this suggestion is assigned tracking id # 861.

Comment

question , I went and downloaded a bunch of indicators that i know longer want on my system , and yes they are now "system Indicators" and I cant delete them now , I am suspicious that they are causing me trouble with Ninja

Could I just do a fresh install of ninja trader or something to get rid of them ?

Comment

Hello CRM5096,

3rd Party add-on should not be classified as system indicators. They have system indicators inside of the NinjaScript files if they are used as part of there calculation methods.

You may try to remove them by follow the steps below.

* In the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicators
                * Select the Indicators that you want to remove by left clicking on it.
                * Press the Delete button at the bottom

If you do not see them in there they may be a NinjaScript Assembly. To remove a NinjaScript Assembly:

* In the Control Center -> File -> Utilities -> Remove NinjaScript Assembly
                * Select the NinjaScript Assembly file by left clicking on it.
                * Press the Remove button

Otherwise, you can go to (My) Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> bin -> Custom -> Indicator folder and find the indicator and right click on it and select Delete to remove it. Note the “@” symbol signifies that it is predefined when you installed NinjaTrader so you do not want to remove any of these items.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
                JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply

The thing is these studies i downloaded have the lock on them just like the Original Ninja studies how do i tell the difference other than my memory ?

Comment

oops , I see the @ sign

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                    Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM