Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

instrument stops plotting after indicator reload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

instrument stops plotting after indicator reload

The indicator freezes the ticks of the last instrument it was used on but does not disturb other instruments.

I am converting an indicator from 8.5 to 7. When I run it in Replay on, say, ES, it works exactly once.
    An F5 reload or a change in the bar period somehow freezes the update for that instrument (ES) at the last bar displayed, but other instruments (6E, CL, SI etc) keep displaying and advancing properly in Replay. Starting a new ES chart without any indicators does not help, it is frozen at the same last bar. Also the DOM will then show no more price ladder for ES, but will for the other instruments. The only way to get things back to normal is to close NT and restart.

The indicator accesses market depth to make a few of its own pseudo DOM windows. My suspicion is that some resource is not being freed up but I am at a loss about what to look for in the code (which is huge). From your experience about architectural changes in MarketDepth between 6.5 and 7 are there some typical gotchas that I should check for???
    The NT7 compile is OK and the indicator's behavior while it works is proper. It wries to the output window properly.

I can post the indicator for you to do quick trouble shooting scan, but I don't want to unnecessarily burden you with its very lengthy body unless you feel there is no other option

roland,

Here is a list of changes that may affect your code : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...er_11_2010.pdf

Unfortunately without seeing the code itself, and having it for replication steps we can't really comment further. Also, this level of coding is unsupported if I am reading you correctly. What are these Psuedo-DOM windows?
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes