Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Default plot width of the line indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default plot width of the line indicator

Hi All,

How can I set indicator plot width as default 3. Currently default value 1.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Antony

Hello Antony,

Thank you for your post.

Within the Initialize() method after adding your plots you can define the Pen Width.
    Example:
    protected override void Initialize()
    {
    Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Blue), PlotStyle.Line, "PlotName"));
    Plots[0].Pen.Width = 3;
    }

For a reference on Multi-Colored Plots which includes the use of "Plots[0].Pen.Width..." please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3227

For information on the Pen class please visit the following link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...xw(vs.71).aspx

To set the width without programming you can right click within your chart > select Indicators > select the indicator you wish to change > on the right hand side of the Indicators window you will see the 'Plots' section > left click on the '+' next to the plot you wish to change > make your changes > right click within the right side of the Indicators window > select 'Set Default For "Indicator Name"'.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks a lot...

It's working well.

Thanks!!

Antony.

Comment

I have an oscillator, we'll say a CCI, and I want the plot thickness to be 1, unless it is over 200. I then want it to be 3 thickness. So I have all that. However, after the first instance of the if statement turning the plot into size 3, it doesn't go back to size 1.

The stochastics Color indicator I believe used 3 plots to avoid the problem I seem to be having. How can I reset the plot to 1 after it no longer fulfills the condition that caused it change to size 3? Hopefully this makes sense...

Comment

Hello jmflukeiii,

Thank you for your post.

Please provide the conditions used to change the width of the Plot to 3 and 1 in your response.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
            Hello jmflukeiii,

Thank you for your post.

Please provide the conditions used to change the width of the Plot to 3 and 1 in your response.

I look forward to assisting you further.
            if(CCI>200)
            {Plots[0][0].Pen.Width = 3'}
            If(CCI<200)
            {Plots[0][0].Pen.Width = 3;}
            else
            {Plots[0][0].Pen.Width = 1;}

Comment

Originally posted by jmflukeiii View Post
              if(CCI>200)
              {Plots[0][0].Pen.Width = 3'}
              If(CCI<200)
              {Plots[0][0].Pen.Width = 3;}
              else
              {Plots[0][0].Pen.Width = 1;}
              It is doing as you asked it to.
              First statement: If CCI is greater than 200, set Plot thickness to 3.
              Second statement: If CCI is less than 200 set Plot thickness to 3.

As CCI must needs be either greater than or less than 200, unless it is exactly 200, the or third statement is never going to be reached. If you can find anywhere where the CCI is exactly 200.000000000000, then the thickness will be 1.

Perchance what you have coded is not really what you meant logically?

Comment

Typo there - less than NEGATIVE 200, set to 3. But that was a typo only in my writing here.

Thanks for the response though Koganam - I am trying to acheive a similar effect to the Stochastics Color indicator, but with the CCI. I am stumped though with the Stochastic one (its on ninja's forum) - I do not understand what makes it prints a different color above 80/below 20.

I did what I thought it was doing, which was using separate plots - i.e.
                if CCI>200, Above200.Set(CCI[0])
                else if CCI <-200, Below200.Set(CCI[0].)
                else CCIPlot.Set(CCI[0])

The problem with this is it creates holes in the plot in between the transfer from below 200 to above 200 (and on the negative side).
                Last edited by jmflukeiii; 04-06-2013, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Typo there - less than NEGATIVE 200, set to 3. But that was a typo only in my writing here.

Thanks for the response though Koganam - I am trying to acheive a similar effect to the Stochastics Color indicator, but with the CCI. I am stumped though with the Stochastic one (its on ninja's forum) - I do not understand what makes it prints a different color above 80/below 20.

I did what I thought it was doing, which was using separate plots - i.e.
                  if CCI>200, SetAbove200.CCI[0],
                  else if CCI <-200, SetBelow200.CCI[0].
                  else SetCCIPlot.CCI[0].

The problem with this is it creates holes in the plot in between the transfer from below 200 to above 200 (and on the negative side).
                  One way is to make your Plots repaint at the transition, by checking for it, then setting the thicker Plot one place back to the same value as the thinner Plot.

The other way would be to set all 3 Plots at each point, making the ones that you will not display to be Color.Empty or Color.Transparent.

Comment

This works for the line colors perfectly - no gapping. But the thickness doesn't change??? I don't understand why I'm having such problems with such a simple thing:

if
                    (CCI(period)[0]>-200 && CCI(period)[0]<200)
                    {
                    Plots[
                    0].Pen.Width = 2;
                    PlotColors[
                    0][0] = Color.Turquoise;
                    }
                    elseif (CCI(period)[0]>=200)
                    {
                    PlotColors[
                    0][0] = Color.Red;
                    Plots[
                    0].Pen.Width = 5;
                    }
                    elseif (CCI(period)[0]<=-200)
                    {
                    PlotColors[
                    0][0] = Color.Green;
                    Plots[
                    0].Pen.Width = 5;
                    }

Comment

This works for the line colors perfectly - no gapping. But the thickness doesn't change??? I don't understand why I'm having such problems with such a simple thing:
                      Without running the code, I would still expect that your Plot thickness is changing for its entire existing length. That is what I would expect because the Plot's pen is a property of the Plot, not of the segment. PlotColors is designed to be handled per segment.

You will probably have to use one of the 3 Plots methods that I outlined.

Comment

Here's the indicator - if you have the time, I'd appreciate if you take a look. I tried your second method, but didn't spend much time on it. It just kept plotting all 3 all the time.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here's the indicator - if you have the time, I'd appreciate if you take a look. I tried your second method, but didn't spend much time on it. It just kept plotting all 3 all the time.
                          There must be some mistake: this is not what I said; this is what you posted, to which I responded. Did you post the wrong file?

Comment

Sorry - I just posted my version in response to you saying something along the lines of 'you couldn't do anything more without the script' or something to that effect. Don't worry about - thanks for your help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Irukandji  
                            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post adeelshahzad